Common rules mistakes, misses and oversights

Attackmack

With a ruleset so seemingly simple its easy to assume and/or overlook certain things or simply skim through parts of the rules thinking you already have it figured out. Maybe a thread where people can mention rules they found easy to miss or overlook can help us all learn the game a bit faster :)

Reactions: Only ONE reaction can ever be triggered by an event across all players. And the player who is NEXT to take an activation has the first opportunity to play a reaction.

End phase: You play upgrades from your hand BEFORE you draw new power cards.

i'm a bit confused about the when and how you can use  ploy/power cards

i know it's at the end of each activation, and end of each round. But somes (like " if your guy do X, he have X" ) don't feel "right" when used at this moment.

42 minutes ago, ledha said:

i'm a bit confused about the when and how you can use  ploy/power cards

i know it's at the end of each activation, and end of each round. But somes (like " if your guy do X, he have X" ) don't feel "right" when used at this moment.

Youll get used to it. I too think it could have been cool to use it before the Action but this way works too.

Only reason why it feels a bit odd is MtG's two main phases. Warhammer Underworlds just throws you straight in the combat phase :D

16 minutes ago, ReynakZhen said:

Correct, you just need to score a hit.

That's not completely true but I'd refer to page 20 for learning what I mean by that.

What you need is an minimum equal result.
A succes (hit) can be a sword or hammer but if your opponent has a critical result while you don't there still isn't an equal result. In that case the opponent is not driven back.

Just now, Killax said:

That's not completely true but I'd refer to page 20 for learning what I mean by that.

What you need is an minimum equal result.
A succes (hit) can be a sword or hammer but if your opponent has a critical result while you don't there still isn't an equal result. In that case the opponent is not driven back.

Quite right ,Thanks for the correction Killax.

29 minutes ago, ReynakZhen said:

Quite right ,Thanks for the correction Killax.

No worries! Another one for me was the Charge Action. A failed Charge Action is not an option, which is unlike a lot of games where it is an option. 

A Charge Action can only be done if:
- After the Action there is a legal Attack target for range and Line of Sight
- After the Action the model is on a different hexagon as the one it started in

Means you can indeed make charges but have to move and have a legal target after that movement, which for the purposes of Blood for the Blood God! Makes quite the difference.

Another one would be that you cannot use an Attack action on a friendly fighter. This is stated on page 20 and 32.

It's also easy to miss how Deck construction works, it's only stated on page 13.

On 31/10/2017 at 2:40 PM, Killax said:

No worries! Another one for me was the Charge Action. A failed Charge Action is not an option, which is unlike a lot of games where it is an option. 

A Charge Action can only be done if:
- After the Action there is a legal Attack target for range and Line of Sight
- After the Action the model is on a different hexagon as the one it started in

Means you can indeed make charges but have to move and have a legal target after that movement, which for the purposes of Blood for the Blood God! Makes quite the difference.

Another one would be that you cannot use an Attack action on a friendly fighter. This is stated on page 20 and 32.

It's also easy to miss how Deck construction works, it's only stated on page 13.

At first I had a really hard time accepting that you could charge even if your adjacent to an enemy. You can even charge that same enemy! Then I realised that unless you have some combo, or objective, that require a charge, charging would only be a disadvantage and it became easier to adjust to.

13 hours ago, Attackmack said:

At first I had a really hard time accepting that you could charge even if your adjacent to an enemy. You can even charge that same enemy! Then I realised that unless you have some combo, or objective, that require a charge, charging would only be a disadvantage and it became easier to adjust to.

If someone charges one of your fighter the best thing you can do is try to charge that enemy with another fighter so you have support and then activate the initial fighter that got charged as many times as you need. I think for this the weak reavers are very good, just to charge a charged friendly fighter to have support.

Archived