Considering Starting Fyreslayers - Need Help

Congratz

Hello there :D 

I have played Destruction for over a year now and i wanted to try out something new. I have tried out Bretonnia which i don't enjoy playing and i have tried Disopposeds which i love.

I Have always liked the slayer vibe which the Fyreslayers have to i think i might check them out. 

However i have to questions

1. What "tier" are Fyreslayers in the current meta?

2. What are the current Fyreslayer Meta?

3. What are they great at?

4. What are they bad at?

5. Fyreslayers are really expensive on the GW site, is there someone who sells them cheaper?

6. Are they even worth playing?

Thanks alot guys :D 

The tier is hard to tell as fyreslayers got a number of buff in the newest GHB that are still shaking out.

I'd say they are top of the second tier. Not quite able to beat he likes of tzeentch on an even level, but quite good none the less.

The current meta revolves, seemingly, around simters porting stuff. I personally like the auric hearhtguard murder package with a few vulkites. I think Vulkites are great personally. They can get a rerolling 5 up, with a 4 up in combat, and a 4 up save after save.

They're not great at rending high save models, like the boogeyman of the 2 up rerolling stardrake.

They are super expensive and it's why, when the choice came to fyreslayers and kharadrons, I went kharadrons. Albeit I find kharadrons super cool anyways.

They're a good army. If you like playing competitive, they can. If you have a limited budget, you might not be able to afford them.

They’re certainly better than they used to be that’s for sure. In the current meta they could probably go toe to toe with most things but taken apart by lots of long range fire and magic. But in objective play they can be super strong imo.

They are good at grinding and large units will be tough to move from objectives. They aren’t great at anything, but then I don’t think they’re bad at anything anymore, the runes and smiters sort out the movement issues/short range shooting. They have enough mortal wound output without being broken in the respect  also.

Any list you write is going to contain a lot of Vulkites, there are also imo quite a few different lists that could be written and be viable.

As said above, expect to spend a few ££’s on this Army.

8 hours ago, Congratz said:

Hello there :D 

I have played Destruction for over a year now and i wanted to try out something new. I have tried out Bretonnia which i don't enjoy playing and i have tried Disopposeds which i love.

I Have always liked the slayer vibe which the Fyreslayers have to i think i might check them out. 

However i have to questions

1. What "tier" are Fyreslayers in the current meta?

2. What are the current Fyreslayer Meta?

3. What are they great at?

4. What are they bad at?

5. Fyreslayers are really expensive on the GW site, is there someone who sells them cheaper?

6. Are they even worth playing?

Thanks alot guys :D 

I have played fyreslayers since the release. Mainly tournament play. This is my take on them.

1. They are (now) a strong tier 2 army. Behind SCE, tzeentch, mixed order or mixed chaos etc... but at least on par with most other armies.

2. 2x30 vulkites is probably a must. Then probably 1-2 runesmiters and a battlesmith is something you want to include. Then the lists deviate between more vulkites and the kinband formation, 30 Aurics or 30 hearthguard bezerkers and some stuff.

3. Holding objectives and not die. They also have a strong alpha strike option with runesmiters and either vulkites (supported by the kinband and a runeson on magmadroth) or aurics.

4. They are not that killy, especially against high saves. They lack good ranged attacks that can pick out well defended support heroes.

5. You tell me.

6. Depends on what you value. Wins per orange mohawk painted maybe not. But number of wins in general they are probably ok if you play well.

24 minutes ago, kozokus said:

What would you consider as armies tier btw?

Tier 1 (usually represented at top tables in most tournaments): SCE, tzeentch, mixed order, mixed chaos, maybe murderhost, 

Tier 2 (can do well but are not consistently represented at top tables): Fyreslayers, Ironjaws, Seraphon, Sylvaneth, Bonespiltters, KO and a lot of other lists. I would put most armies here. 

Tier 3 (never seen at top tables): Brayherd and the likes.

Archived