Firestorm Destruction

Fungrim

50 minutes ago, bonzai said:

And I thought I drove long distances between games....

I work in USA and live in UK, and AOS beats my usual ways of killing time in NJ/PA which is mainly sitting in sports bars watching basketball. What sports bars need is warhammer live games on one of the screens :D

4 hours ago, Sheriff said:

I'm not really understanding whats confusing. They brought out some extra allegiance boosts to general destruction allegiance which was weak in GH2017. They fixed the problem, and people are unhappy with it - mainly non-destruction folk, shocker. 

Surely you can use it with Ironjawz or Bonesplittas allegiance as well since any army built on either of those is also built using the firestorm allegiance. 

The same for stormcast etc. armies.

It seems to me that it's just an arbitrary FU to half of destruction that now doesn't have it's own allegiance AND doesn't have the ability to take this randon bonus allegiance.

On 10/4/2017 at 3:16 AM, Sheriff said:

I keep seeing people say its not for matched play, but GW says otherwise. I tend to just trust whatever the official app allows, and that is not updated for this stuff, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Trusting what the official app allows made Mark Wildman miss out on a podium!

5 hours ago, Malakree said:

Surely you can use it with Ironjawz or Bonesplittas allegiance as well since any army built on either of those is also built using the firestorm allegiance. 

The same for stormcast etc. armies.

It seems to me that it's just an arbitrary FU to half of destruction that now doesn't have it's own allegiance AND doesn't have the ability to take this randon bonus allegiance.

I think it's actually an allegiance in its own right.  So you'd use it instead of Bonesplitterz / Ironjawz allegiance.  

But in terms of the "other" half of Destruction...a Grots faction REALLY needs its own book asap!  Surely that's the only reason they got nothing in GH17?

Just now, PlasticCraic said:

I think it's actually an allegiance in its own right.  So you'd use it instead of Bonesplitterz / Ironjawz allegiance.  

But in terms of the "other" half of Destruction...a Grots faction REALLY needs its own book asap!  Surely that's the only reason they got nothing in GH17?

They have said it's in addition to normal allegiances.

And by the other half I mean the ogros who can't even use this bonus allegiance, they have just the base destruction unlike even moonclan.

2 hours ago, Malakree said:

They have said it's in addition to normal allegiances.

And by the other half I mean the ogros who can't even use this bonus allegiance, they have just the base destruction unlike even moonclan.

Fair enough, I'd missed that.

And yeah, Ogors are definitely not feeling the love right now!  I guess a Grot player (I'm neither) would argue that you got the Beastclaw book, which is one more than they've had, but it does seem harsh they've been left out.

The Stoneklaw Allegiance works  together with any of our other alliances. BUT because it is based on Stratagems, which are designed for Firestorm I doubt that it will go to matched play. Stratagems are designed to counter work with each other-I don't remember exactly, but before a Firestorm game you can declare which of enemy stratagems you want to cancel (or something like this). If TO would allow stratagems only Desto would benefit from that. And I really doubt that they would allow it. 

The color schemes are also strange thing in Firestorm. There are no colorschemes for Death, Chaos, Destro and couple of cities (If I remember correctly). There are some mistakes bedides that, because in one of the cities which doesn't include dispossesed there is a dwarf with the city's color scheme...

12 minutes ago, Malakree said:

They have also said that it let's you use stratagems outside of firestorm campaigns

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/22/the-armies-of-firestorm-stoneklaws-gustompas-sep22gw-homepage-post-4/

To quote "and even allow you to use stratagems outside of Firestorm."

Sure thing. But in this case Stratagems are only for one Alliance with no counter balance (which exist in Firestorm where every faction can use stratagems, destro just have one more for free), so I doubt that anyone will allow it in "matched".

12 minutes ago, meet.the.doctor said:

Sure thing. But in this case Stratagems are only for one Alliance with no counter balance (which exist in Firestorm where every faction can use stratagems, destro just have one more for free), so I doubt that anyone will allow it in "matched".

I would argue that the random nature of the stratagems are far less broken than "on a 5 plus the unit has to run then kill any models still within 3".

Stoneklaws is honestly one of the weaker allegiances in firestorm.

Honestly all firestorm allegiances should be banned from matched.

50 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

@Sheriff - Always in need of more Destruction at the event! Come along and roll some dice for the weekend!

It's marked in my diary. I fear i won't have 2000 points painted by then so reluctant to commit. Spring was my goal, where the newborn grots come out of their nests to play. 

4 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

It's marked in my diary. I fear i won't have 2000 points painted by then so reluctant to commit. Spring was my goal, where the newborn grots come out of their nests to play. 

Best thing about the event is that you do not need 2000 points, Just an army to bring. Hope you can make it. See you soon. 

7 minutes ago, Lardidar said:

Sorry guys, 

I'm looking at this and not seeing Gutbusters or Oogor/ beastclaw mentioned at all, are they not in the book? 

That would make my butchers sad!

Correct, as well as troggoths. Plenty of factions left out, e.g. all skaven. 

39 minutes ago, Lardidar said:

Sorry guys, 

I'm looking at this and not seeing Gutbusters or Oogor/ beastclaw mentioned at all, are they not in the book? 

That would make my butchers sad!

As I said, half of destruction just got screwed by this book. At least Order players got 5 different choices, wouldn't want stormcast to be left without options eh.

Archived