Question about Allies and Roles

Zayneth

As the title suggests, I have a few questions about the allies section as it is extremely vague in GHB2017. 

Do allied battleline troops count towards your minimum?

Ex: clan rats allied into a Clan Skyre allegiance.

Can Allied Leaders be your general and/or use artifacts?

Ex: Grey Seer allied into a Clan Pestilens as the general to use his command ability, and use an artifact.

Reading through the section it doesn't say one way or another, though RAW it would appear that the answer to both of those would be yes because the allies rule merely states that you get XXX amount of points of friendly wiggle room when building your list and nothing more. any input will be greatly appreciated. I've had a hard time finding any solid information on this topic

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Aeonotakist said:

Just a question. If a unit from another friction is in one of the battalion, like Aetherstrike Force of KO includes SE units like Knight -Venator.  I think they are not counted as allies?

In this case, can this Knight Venator become general of this KO army? 

Ha, I guess so.

although I’m not sure if you’ll be gaining anything from it since, he will be basically unable to take any commandtraits

What happens if your general dies, and the best pick to take command is an allied unit?

I once had a situation where a Darkling Sorceress had to take command of a Daughters of Khaine army, since she was the only hero left. At the time we had no idea whether it was allowed, but I was losing so badly that we didn't worry too much...