Terrain Log [WIP & FINISHED]

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Ademo said:

How have I missed this? Looks immense! You must have the patience of a saint. The lizardman stuff looks top notch too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Means a lot coming from you :)

The tiles are definitely the one thing that made me pause for like a month in the process of building it. Now I have started getting the windows on there which makes the building come to life a little bit more. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Jontypython said:

Hi,

All of these piece look amazing, wonderfully executed! What do you use for the bases of your scenery pieces? I need to start putting loads of my bits on to bases as it works better for AoS.

Jon

Hey Jon,

I use masonite (MDF) boards that I cut with a band-saw. Always remember to put an X and paint around the backside rim of the base so that the plate doesnt warp when you paint/glue it.

Best

Oscar

1 hour ago, Barimbino said:

@Lysandestolpe this looks amazing. So much patience and attention to details, really makes your work just pop. How exactly do you get your foam to smooth out? Especially with the temple, the foam always looks jagged and rough whenever I cut it.

Thank you! It is a tedious process and I am happy you noticed. :)

I buy carpenters and hobby knives by the bulk. It is when the blade gets dull that it rips the foam rather than cutting through it. 

Archived