Terrain Log [WIP & FINISHED]

I will post some pictures of the terrain a friend and I are beginning to build. I work much in the hands on department with artistic adventures and he works as an illustrator and animator. Our plan is to visualize in Maya and perhaps be able to 3D print some cool terrain. This thread, however, will be a thread for all kinds of terrain we build. 

Up first is a scratch built house using only cardboard and balsa wood. The wood will get grains and such so it remains WIP for now. I hope to have a finished house before my vacation in Europe late June.  

FullSizeRender.jpg

On 6/7/2016 at 1:31 PM, Sonofcorax said:

Excellent work!  can not wait to see where this goes.

On 6/7/2016 at 1:15 PM, Xerox said:

Looks really good!

Thanks guys! :)

Here is a carved out Seraphon Pyramid. Still need a few tweaks and some sanding before it gets painted.

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender_2.jpgFullSizeRender_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Ben said:

Nice work on the scratch built terrain!

Thanks man! Posting some more pics tomorrow! so check back.

3 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Awesome! You probably were planning to anyway, but get some sand/vines on that temple and it'll be perfection :)

Oh man, I have it aaaaaall planned with vines, sand, plants, etc!

11 hours ago, Dez said:

The terrain looks great, and I feel like I've seen that finished building before...perhaps in a Dream? :)

Haha really? I mean it is kinda standard and I took inspiration from pictures online, so make sense but that is really funny ^^

I got some more work done on it, still need detailing, some clean up, and adding some signs and stuff to give it character. The house is meant to be an inn called the "Waddling Duckling". I'm also keen to build a small stable, and some smaller sized buildings around it. But as of right now I'm working full force on the Seraphon table.

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender_1.jpg

Got some work done today on the seraphon terrain. It is still WIP as we had to order some greener static grass for the base. The one I had was to brown and burnt for this brown we are using.

The plants are from Petsmart and cost near to nothing for a pretty good bunch of them. However, we did not enjoy the green as much as we did with a more personal touch so we primed them black and painted them with a green base and blue finish to be more fantasy like.

IMG_5159.JPGIMG_5160.JPGIMG_5161.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg

Static Grass came in today so took a few minutes to get it on there. I'm working on some more flowers in cool colors so they are still considered WIP.

I will cut some masonite boards in appropriate sizes for the temple and some more terrain I'm working on. So keep checking back here for more terrain pics this upcoming week.  The pictures are not great as my photo-station is now covered in father's day gifts...:ph34r:

FullSizeRender(2).jpgFullSizeRender(3).jpg

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

Love it, a whole board would look superb ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

A whole board is coming!

Our plan is to have a board that can feature multiple scenics:

Empire, Dark Aelf, Lizardmen, Destruction, and neutral. It's taking a lot of planning and work, but we hope to have it all done by the end of the summer.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone!

I have been on vacation for about a month so just now got some more projects started to post here. I hope you like this Militia Quarters. I really need to hit Walmart for more Cornflakes for all the tiles that is on this structure. ¬¬

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Archived