Slimux Size Question

Mr. White

8 hours ago, Travis Baumann said:

I have not assembled my lord of Khorne yet but here he is next to Blacktalon.  He is quite large so I think your current solution will have issues.  The tree growing out  of the snail shell is the tallest part but his shears over his shoulder are also pretty up there.

20170904_210145_HDR.jpg

Thanks for this!

I wonder...if I crop the tree and have Slimux on the ground, on the base maybe leaning against the snail, if I could reduce the height enough while still retaining the character of the model.

You will have to do a serious conversion on him to get him standing.  You might be able to sit him on the snail head or something but he is not straddling this like a horse, he is sitting with one knee propped up with his elbow resting on it kind of pose.   He could be crouching down like he is digging up a new bone to chew on or something but it wont be as dynamic.  For all intents and purposes though, his lower torso is pretty much a Plaguebearer but not sure on exact scale as I have not assembled those yet.

Not the best pic but in the background here you can see his leg pose a bit better.

20170910_202736_HDR.jpg

Magnetizing the model is a great suggestion. I may go that route.

@Screwface, my storage solution isn't for everyone,  but it suits my needs perfectly. I have one box for each faction. They are easy to stack and grab, and I allow their limit to force me to be judicial in my collecting. Regardless, to make it work some models have to lay down within (stormcast on drakoth), some have bits snipped off (lord of khorne - but I converted a cool cloak in the icon's place) others require magnets (prosecutor wings).

Here's a pic:

20170608_084627.jpg

Of course.

I could buy a larger box to fit big models. I could buy more boxes to buy more BB teams. Etc.

However, I value restraint and believe firmly that less is more. I enjoy trying to work my hobbies within the limited parameters I set for myself. In this case, I am forced to be creative with this cool Nurgle character. It's a fun challenge! On top of that, I choose the limits to my spending, and space allotment, on storage...not GW (via their model sizes).

It's all a personal choice here though.

8 hours ago, Mr. White said:

Of course.

I could buy a larger box to fit big models. I could buy more boxes to buy more BB teams. Etc.

However, I value restraint and believe firmly that less is more. I enjoy trying to work my hobbies within the limited parameters I set for myself. In this case, I am forced to be creative with this cool Nurgle character. It's a fun challenge! On top of that, I choose the limits to my spending, and space allotment, on storage...not GW (via their model sizes).

It's all a personal choice here though.

Fair play and hats off to you for having the self control :)

Ha, thanks fellas.

In the image above, there are two unlabelled storage boxes on the bottom right. They are empty and waiting AoS models. Probably Nurgle and a second box for my son's Stormcast army (the Stormcast in BlightWar).

I recently sold all my Dreadball stuff so those two storage boxes will be re-purposed for AoS. Probably Ironjawz and Flesh Eater Courts. _BUT_ I need to finish painting what I have first.  Even BlightWar will need to wait a few months....I have to finish Silver Tower and I just got a BB team in the mail that requires paint.

Archived