Generic Death Keyword counts as allies?

Ashtyn

Hi guys

I'm wondering if it's possible to ally with models that simply have the generic DEATH keyword. 

From reading the generals handbook I can't really identify if you can or you can't because there is no specific distinction.

If anyone can help clarify this it would be great, as it assists my nighthaunt list building.

Cheers

Im assuming you want to ally in tomb kings? If you include any models outside of nighthaunt or its listed allies (deathlords and soul blight) then you become grand alliance death and not nighthaunt allegiance. Simple as that.

Cheers Gotrek

Wanted to add vampire lord on abyssal terror for movement shenanigans to  enable better use of Hexwraiths with the mortal wound movement ability. Seems a little odd you cant ally with generic death but thanks for the clarification! 

Generic death represents everyone who serves under Nagash.

The individual Factions represent the smaller political entities within the Grand Alliance, thus the allies represent the various internal power struggles which occur within each Grand Alliance. Destruction is the best example for this where it splits dead down the Ogres and Greenskinz line.

Inside Death itself a good example would be Soulblight, what true Proud Vampire Lord would ever want to ally with the disgusting maniacs of the Flesh Eater Courts. 

The one thing which does get me is in GHB2017 the allies list for "Deadwalkers" is "Deadwalker .... Nighthaunt..." which suggests they just copy pasted the Deathlords allies list for them. By the same token it makes absolutely NO sense that Nighthaunt can't use Deadwalkers as allies, surely with so many souls being reaped the lifeless animated corpses and creatures of the night would flood around the Night Haunt?

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

Generic death represents everyone who serves under Nagash.

The individual Factions represent the smaller political entities within the Grand Alliance, thus the allies represent the various internal power struggles which occur within each Grand Alliance. Destruction is the best example for this where it splits dead down the Ogres and Greenskinz line.

Inside Death itself a good example would be Soulblight, what true Proud Vampire Lord would ever want to ally with the disgusting maniacs of the Flesh Eater Courts. 

The one thing which does get me is in GHB2017 the allies list for "Deadwalkers" is "Deadwalker .... Nighthaunt..." which suggests they just copy pasted the Deathlords allies list for them. By the same token it makes absolutely NO sense that Nighthaunt can't use Deadwalkers as allies, surely with so many souls being reaped the lifeless animated corpses and creatures of the night would flood around the Night Haunt?

I noticed this!! From a lore perspective all I can imagine is that a Necromancer can enslave and control spirits, but spirits would be unwilling to include a mortal in their midst.

59 minutes ago, Ashtyn said:

I noticed this!! From a lore perspective all I can imagine is that a Necromancer can enslave and control spirits, but spirits would be unwilling to include a mortal in their midst.

Deadwalkers is specifically zombies, direwolves and bats as distinct from necros/mortis engine.

15 hours ago, Malakree said:

what true Proud Vampire Lord would ever want to ally with the disgusting maniacs of the Flesh Eater Courts. 

According to the FEC book vampires could rule a court "providing, of course, that they all share a similar madness."

36 minutes ago, Gilby said:

According to the FEC book vampires could rule a court "providing, of course, that they all share a similar madness."

At that point they aren't a Proud Vampire Lord they're just another crazy Varghulf Courtier. They actually are vampires who've gone nuts.

Archived