Stormfiends

Flood

So in GHB2017 there is a star next to stormfiends in their pitched battle profile. These stars in the handbook mean something has changed about the unit, whether points increase/decrease, profile change, unit size change, etc. 

I cant seem to see what has changed about stormfiends! They are still 300 points for 3, max size 9, and nothing has changed about their warscroll. I read and reread their warscroll, and i checked my old ghb2016 to be sure their max size was still 9, which it was.

What am i missing?

Ya that's very possible. If you look at sayls warscroll under the aos app, it is unchanged. Maybe they are going to update the stormfiend profile! I could see them limiting warpfire projectors, as the other weapon options are pretty much obsolete with the existence of warpfire projectors equally priced. Especially the wind launchers. I hope they fix the rattling cannons! Either make their to hit profile better or reduce their point cost or something. 

Or if they limit warpfire projectors they may be a good close second choice. If people are forced to take something else because the warpfires are only 1 per 3 models, the rattling cannons would be a good option. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

didnt they just become battleline for clan scyre?

1 hour ago, Josh said:

didnt they just become battleline for clan scyre?

Nah they always were, along with acolytes. They might change how many of X weapons you can have in a unit or something like that mabye?

8 hours ago, Flood said:

Ya that's very possible. If you look at sayls warscroll under the aos app, it is unchanged. Maybe they are going to update the stormfiend profile! I could see them limiting warpfire projectors, as the other weapon options are pretty much obsolete with the existence of warpfire projectors equally priced. Especially the wind launchers. I hope they fix the rattling cannons! Either make their to hit profile better or reduce their point cost or something. 

Or if they limit warpfire projectors they may be a good close second choice. If people are forced to take something else because the warpfires are only 1 per 3 models, the rattling cannons would be a good option. 

Sayls has updated on mine. Have you deleted and redownoaded the scroll?

I was expecting them to be limited to the number of Warp to be honest and think it may come, but as it stands they are fine to use :) 

Will using a warp shard on a unit of them mean it will be 6 D3 mortal wounds x2  if I use a shard?

10 hours ago, 13on2D6 said:

I was expecting them to be limited to the number of Warp to be honest and think it may come, but as it stands they are fine to use :) 

Will using a warp shard on a unit of them mean it will be 6 D3 mortal wounds x2  if I use a shard?

No it means you double the damage for a weapon by a skryre model. 1 weapon, 1 skryre model. E.g. in a unit of 3 warpfire projectors, one of them can be doubled to 2d3 x 2. So if you roll a 4 and a 2, that would be 3 damage x2 = 6 damage. 

17 minutes ago, Flood said:

No it means you double the damage for a weapon by a skryre model. 1 weapon, 1 skryre model. E.g. in a unit of 3 warpfire projectors, one of them can be doubled to 2d3 x 2. So if you roll a 4 and a 2, that would be 3 damage x2 = 6 damage. 

You can't use it on warpfire projectors. It doubles the damage characteristic of a weapon, warpfire projectors don't actually have one on the weapons profile.

Just now, Terry Pike said:

You can't use it on warpfire projectors. It doubles the damage characteristic of a weapon, warpfire projectors don't actually have one on the weapons profile.

Ah yes I didn't even think of that! Thanks Terry! 

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:17 PM, Terry Pike said:

Stormfiends with Rattling cannons - could you give the warp shard for x2 attacks or x 2damage ? so it would be 3D6 x 2 attacks hitting on 4s and wounding on 4's.

Attacks

Pop them up with 1 grinder and 2 cannons and get 6D6 x 2 attacks hitting on 4's wounding on 4's at -1 rend

using x2 attacks - Average 42 attacks - Average 21 hits and 11 wounds at -1 have 1 damage

using x2 damage- Average 21 attacks - Average 10 hits and 5 wounds at -1 but have 2 damage

Not sure on these.... what do people think?

On 8/30/2017 at 2:38 PM, Ggg said:

I'm not really sure if this is a true factual information or a terrible word pun you've just pulled out. ?

oh yeah just realised what you are saying. Nah they changed his points I think but forgot to put a star next to him, or something like that, can't remember.

Archived