dead monsters becoming terrain

Arkiham

thoughts on that idea people? for house rules

thought of it today during discussion mid game, once a monster dies it just becomes a impassible LOS blocking terrain, due to it dying in a heap of..well dead monster.

adds a interesting quirk to monsters and increases the amount of terrain on boards which is often sorely lacking of it.  

It's a really cool idea. With the mortal realms being such fantastical and funky places it would be nice to see more interactive rule ideas for terrain like this.

Only downside I can see is that it makes me want to build and paint a dead version of all my monsters just to use as terrain xD

Brilliant idea and you might want to expand it so it functions like the mammoth rule or the siege giant rule:

Timber!:

If Chaos Siege Giant is slain, both players roll dice, and whoever rolls highest decides in which direction the Chaos Siege Giant falls (the player commanding the model wins any ties).

Place the Chaos Siege Giant on its side in the direction in which it fallsany unit (friend or foe) it lands on suffers D3 mortal wounds.

If Chaos Siege Giant dies and falls across such piece of scenery, leave it where it is – it can now be used as handy ladder or bridge by other models.

But in your case, any behemoth is subject to it, and you don't remove the model after death, it just becomes a terrain obstacle or bridge :)

A very novel idea. I like it and think I might have a go next time I play a game to see how this will work.

I like the re-animation idea as well although this might give undead players a major advantage. Exploding squigs/frigates is a good one. If they explode next to a piece of scenery it could damage it and become unstable. You can then give that piece of scenery a 'Crumbling' attribute like in Skirmish. Dead monster in a river could act like a dam (crossable, like a bridge) and part of the board could become flooded and stop a running and charging due to the boggy conditions.

This simple idea could create a whole new way to play and bring in some fantastic new strategies. I LIKE IT!

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking out aloud, here's another one for matched play inspired by the night king in game of thrones.

instead of having a summoning pool, or perhaps in addition to a death players summoning pool, the said player gets free summoning, but can only use this to raise dead on models he has slain.

Summoning pool (ancient dead)

free pool (newly slain)

once slain again he can no longer summon them and they stay dead.

obviously you'd have to expand on the details.. I'm not a death player but what do you think?

1 minute ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Thinking out aloud, here's another one for matched play inspired by the night king in game of thrones.

instead of having a summoning pool, or perhaps in addition to a death players summoning pool, the said player gets free summoning, but can only use this to raise dead on models he has slain.

Summoning pool (ancient dead)

free pool (newly slain)

once slain again he can no longer summon them and they stay dead.

obviously you'd have to expand on the details.. I'm not a death player but what do you think?

Spoilers! Lol

Archived