Grots of Da Raggedy Moon

Ademo

really close on these now! just shrooms, a few small details, tidy up and basing to go!

The new handbook has some interesting implications for my army in matched play... one awesome bit being that if I keep moonclan alligience, my hoppers and cave squigs become battleline. meaning that with my 40 grot ubit and the 20 archers I'm halfway through, I have plenty. The downside being that I would need to choosr between my squig flingas and spore chukkas as allies...maybe I need to start playing 2500 [emoji3]4803b65ec7430f15d7b97465c8ac5030.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cheers guys! The new ghb2017 has really got me stoked for Moonclan! So much so, I decided to base up and start painting more squigs! The plan is to have a big unit of 20 cave squigs and either a unit of 20 hoppers or 2 10s...not sure what would work best to be honest??

Also got a few colours on my fanatics and herders48629f808c21d830c9103f0bad6c6e43.jpg

15 minutes ago, Ademo said:

Cheers guys! The new ghb2017 has really got me stoked for Moonclan! So much so, I decided to base up and start painting more squigs! The plan is to have a big unit of 20 cave squigs and either a unit of 20 hoppers or 2 10s...not sure what would work best to be honest??

Also got a few colours on my fanatics and herders48629f808c21d830c9103f0bad6c6e43.jpg

The hoppers or cave squig dilemma. Seems the hoppers scale great with the hopper boss. But unless you're investing in that boss then may as well have a bit of both. I reckon hoppers better for ninjaring objectives and cave squigs better for suiciding on the front lines (post fanatics obviously). 

I've not decided what hopper composition yet. More units spreads the risk of rolling no doubles, but bigger units less likely to fail battleshock? They also can't reach attacks when ranked in 2 lines? So maybe better in small units. Undecided! 

They look great! :)

On 26/08/2017 at 11:29 PM, Ademo said:

The plan is to have a big unit of 20 cave squigs and either a unit of 20 hoppers or 2 10s...not sure what would work best to be honest??

umm ... 30? ;)  It's squigs, so the correct answer to "how many?" is ... "more" :)  If anyone queries such trifling matters as "maximum unit size" and "points limits", simply point out that (a) it's squigs, so just bask in the sheer awesomeness of them, and (b) goblins' numbering system is officially "1, 2, lots"*, so what do you expect? :P  Boiiing!

* WHFB 4th Ed Bestiary book, I believe

• 2 weeks later...
On 31.7.2017 at 6:00 PM, Ademo said:

Thanks! I only recently made squig flingas so the flying squig was more of a 'that might be fun' sort of idea. I was also keen to have the 2 catapults looking a bit different and figured the easiest way was having them at different stages of firing, so 1 is primed and one has just released! I guess it is also an homage to the original model having a flying crew memeber - but mostly it's rule of cool.

Edit: also the purple squig is actually staging a mini revolt rather than having already been shot out.96d90d9f0af71dfe037d4ee857c9f81c.jpg

Hmmm, looove this..

angry sqigs! Muchmuch coolah than angry birds!

Archived