Greenskin lips etc?

I'll start with red, and really water it down. I'll build up layers over the existing green, leaving it transparent on the outer parts and increasing the layering/opacity as it gets closer to the gums. Then wash with purple and highlight with pink. 

Sounds in in depth but goes quick!

Glazes. Take a wash that's the color you want and mix it 50/50 with Lahmian Medium and you've got yourself a glaze. I like to make a final extreme highlight on the green skin with a pale flesh tone like Kislev Flesh and then apply a red glaze over that.

I like mine to be quite purple, which may not be to everyone's taste. After I've done the skin I paint the lips and gums separately, basecoating with purple and then adding in various fleshtones until I get the desired effect using small line highlights. I'll add a photo in here at a later date, but you can also check out my Megaboss Krunk in the gallery section.

Seconding on the glazes. There are many guides online on the distribution of colour around the human face. There are different levels of blue, purple, red and green very subtly around the face and emphasising these with careful glazing is something master painters are very handy at. The same theory follows over to greenskins.

Im also a fan of purple tones around the lips and gums.

I find the best way to do it is by first blending the green skin to a more human pale pinky brown fleshtone.  Then these paler softer areas will then take whatever colour glaze you want much better than trying to tint green skin.  I'd only really do this with character models though. 

For rank and file (not that thats a thing anymore) I find that just giving the gums and recesses between the teeth a warm pinky redy brown colour gives great contrast and colour to the model.

Archived