My stupidest list idea, of all time

Uprising

Please just laugh at this list, I hope you enjoy. 

I wanted to make a fun beastclaw list.  Here we have a zero drop army(first turn no matter what they do), who deploy 9 inches from the enemy in the hero phase.  Then, ravager kick in with a d6+2 inch move.  This means first turn charge(saber get +3 to charge, if hunter is 16 inches away) for the whole army.  Its msu so battle shock not an issue.  The issue is its a fun one trick pony, that get first turn and can road block the objective all game.  Thoughts? 

Allegiance: Destruction
Heroes
Icebrow Hunter (160)
- General
- Trait: Ravager
- Artefact: Elixir of Frostwyrm
Icebrow Hunter (160)
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Icebrow Hunter (160)
- Artefact: The Bleeding Skull of Dragaar

Battleline
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
- Beastclaw Raiders Battleline (Icetooth Hunter General)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)

Battalions
Skal (60)
Skal (60)
Skal (60)

Total: 1980/2000

I would love to watch a rukk try to divide shots for this.  I feel like you'd have to dedicate a speedbump group and an attack group for your sabers so you can overwhelm the higher armored units and their saves.  Would be amazing to see on the table too.

6 hours ago, Earthtremor said:

love the idea and think it'd definitely catch a lot of people out... and be bonkers to play with and against. Only thing to point out is that you can't mix destruction and beastclaw items and traits... you need to be either one or the other

OOPS.  I completely forgot. 

Which do you think is better for the army general destruction or beastclaw alliance?  With general destruction, you are 100% guarantee to get 1st turn charge 9 inches away due to the extra move in the hero phase and battle brew.  With beastclaw you get reroll fail hits if you charge(which you are less likely to get), the storm chart, and better items.  thoughts? 

Each battalion counts as a drop even though you're deploying them off board, so really you have a 3 drop list. Go with destruction artifacts and abilities. The move in the hero phase will allow you to be in range for your shooting attacks with the hunters before you charge and battle brew on all 3 Hunters cause they are wet noodles in combat.

7 hours ago, crazyhorse1321 said:

Each battalion counts as a drop even though you're deploying them off board, so really you have a 3 drop list. Go with destruction artifacts and abilities. The move in the hero phase will allow you to be in range for your shooting attacks with the hunters before you charge and battle brew on all 3 Hunters cause they are wet noodles in combat.

Is this the way reserve troops are handled? Honestly, I don't know, we just said "ok there are some troops in reserve" and yesterday one of our new players naturally set up his reserve troops, in, you know, reserve (having one drop for them). I was totally like "hm this seems quite legit, why did we do it differently all the time?". I couldn't come up quickly with any rules of handling it the one way or the other, but maybe as you are mentioning it here, would you mind giving me a hint where to find in the rules the way it should be handled exactly?

1 hour ago, Myzyrael said:

Is this the way reserve troops are handled? Honestly, I don't know, we just said "ok there are some troops in reserve" and yesterday one of our new players naturally set up his reserve troops, in, you know, reserve (having one drop for them). I was totally like "hm this seems quite legit, why did we do it differently all the time?". I couldn't come up quickly with any rules of handling it the one way or the other, but maybe as you are mentioning it here, would you mind giving me a hint where to find in the rules the way it should be handled exactly?

In each of the books that containes Warscroll Battalions there is a introduction what a warscroll Battalion is. Don't know if there is any difference between the pages of german and english books but in case of beastclaw raiders that should be page 96.

In that page you get three choices, how you want deploy your warscroll battalion:

• place the entire warscroll battalion at once
  • place each unit like you would do, if you have no warscroll battalion
  • place multiple units (not all) at once, and other multiple units or single units at another moment.

To get to the maintopic.

That list would be to much spam for me, but I'm perhaps not the target group for such lists.

As mentioned,  this is a 3 drop list. 

It's also wasting an artifact.  3 batallions = 4 artifacts.

I'd actually go Skal x3, 17 units of 2 Sabres, and 5 Hunters.

Sure, one would the artifact, but you'd have a wide coverage for the batallion ability, a lot of Heroes for 3 Places of Powet, and a list just crazy enough to work.

Allegiance: Destruction

Heroes
Icebrow Hunter (160)
- General
- Trait: Ravager
Icebrow Hunter (160)
Icebrow Hunter (160)
Icebrow Hunter (160)
Icebrow Hunter (160)

Battleline
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)
2 x Frost Sabres (60)

Battalions
Skal (60)
Skal (60)
Skal (60)

Total: 2000/2000

So here is the new list, thoughts always welcome.  I have decided to green light the idea.  I would like to thank everyone for the advice.   I also have two Destruction armies(Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz), so this will be a nice change of pace.  Would anyone like to hear my ideas about the count as?  Thanks for reading. 

On 7/3/2017 at 8:52 AM, Earthtremor said:

I'm assuming you're going to be using the fenrisian wolves as frost sabres? Otherwise I could see it getting extremely expensive B|

They also look great imho 

I currently have three idea for the army, thoughts are always welcome.  Also, my group 100% ok with count-as. 

1.  Frost fang army:  I will be using fenrisian wolves as frost sabres(have zero at the moment), and the hunters are forgeworld skin wolves(I have six).  the bases are winter tundra and the army scheme is white fur with blood effect. 

2.  Boarz:  I will be using savage orruk boarz(I have 7 at the moment and can get 30 for $75), while the hunters are either savage orc bosses with boar skin or wood elves bow rangers conversion(this is based off calydonian boar in mythology).  The bases are woodland. 

3.  gryphon: I will be using gryph hounds as frost sabers(I have 1 hound), and demi grpyh(have 21) as hunters.  Base, still thinking about. 

Thoughts and ideas welcome. 

I personally like the Frost Fang army idea. Using the skin wolves is great, and if painted/based well will be a very thematic army. If you ever do decide to get the Ogor hunter and frost sabers, then they will mix in well together (mostly thinking the hunter; sabres don't matter if they're painted the same).

Note that if you're doing a 'counts as,' that Sabres come on 60x35 oval bases (as do the boars I think), wolves and gryph hounds on 40mm. Bases should be the ovals, or else the game may play differently.

Now I just want to see this army assembled and laid out. Paint isn't needed!

Archived