How are you basing your silver tower minis?

UrbanJesus

I also haven't got my copy yet. However I am thinking about making some custom bases by cutting out shapes in different thicknesses of plasticard in arrangements that mirror the designs of the tiles, and painting them accordingly.

So similar to the tiles, but more three dimensional.

I'm doing them just like my Chaos army that way I can use them in both WQ:ST and AoS. Sure, I lose some verisimilitude but it's not as bad as the Goblin Green bases in the original WH game or in Necromunda. If it's good enough for the 'Eavy Metal models, it's good enough for me.

If you want to make bases like the tile artwork you could do Green Stuff press molds of the Kairic Acolytes' shields. The shields look kinda like all the weird Tzeenchian shapes on the floors of the tower. Just smooth a thin layer of GS on a base and when it is half way cured press the shield into it leaving an indent.

Found this with a google search for "green stuff press mold" http://www.captureandcontrol.com/2010/04/making-greenstuff-press-mold.html

Btw. I dont wanted to make a new Thread and i think it fits here. Do you all have 3 40 mil bases? Cause i cant find the 3rd and was wondering because either the cats nor my Kids were able to reach the Bases to make them disappear.

48 minutes ago, Xerox said:

Btw. I dont wanted to make a new Thread and i think it fits here. Do you all have 3 40 mil bases? Cause i cant find the 3rd and was wondering because either the cats nor my Kids were able to reach the Bases to make them disappear.

The ogroid goes on the 50. there's a misprint in the instructions.

I was has similar moments of head-scratching questioning; I initially had trouble locating the 3 larger bases cause they were not with the bulk bases and loose-packed under the card tiles which I didn't un-package initially. douh!

Some base WIPs. Just experimenting with some various surfaces to try and match the game tiles. So far:

3 x 32mm - Agrellan Earth texture paint, painted turquoise and dry brushed. I'll probably glue yellow/gold tzeentch inspired shapes on the surface

4 x 32mm - glued a thin card shape I had lying around, base coat black, agrellan earth in gaps, paint turquoise and gold

8 x 25mm - planned for the spider grots. Cut out rough shapes from a rubber mat and glued down. Not sure if it will look like web when painted but what the heck. Will glue sand around edges before basecoating.

IMAG1713.jpg

Regarding the incorrectly-labeled Ogroid base - it's the same for the Pink Horrors. The booklet says 25mm, but the pictures (and the comparative size) imply they should be on 32mm.

(and there was me thinking I'd scored a few extra 32s in the box)

Archived