Troggoths disappearing?

Mohojoe

Hey guys, long time no speak.

Finally looking like I have some spare time coming up so decided to get a destruction army on the go again. However having some trouble getting hold of troggoths and then saw this on the GW website. Are they being dropped etc?

480027849a4bc0d62260d1101eee6e1e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe repacked to rounds.. they got points in Skirmish recently and seems like that skale was supposed to support (plastic) models that are on shelves.

Someone just suggested the same on twitter, didn't even think of that ☹️

Noticed this on quite a few models recently, then seen them reappear back in stock after a few days, could be them switching to circular bases or just an error in their stock indicator, certainly none of these have been exiled to the last chance to buy section which GW usually does because it boosts sales as people rush to get the stuff before it's gone for good.

GW put the entirety of their production over to 40k for the first six months of the year and let a number of lines go out of stock.  Seems like they're doing a rebase/repackage as they bring them back which is pretty inspired as it means they're not going to have a random square-based pack lurking that nobody wants to buy :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, PC Veteran said:

I tried 40mm on my river trolls and there was overhang of the feet. They fit on the 50mm with no overhang. I wouldn't rule out 60mm, but 50 would probably be a good bet.

Interesting.  Looking at the warscroll, I'm guessing those are 40s that GW used for the warscroll.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-fellwater-troggoths-en.pdf

With the fifty I have maybe a 1mm on each side of the feet. The 40 is so much smaller and the overhang is allot. I didn't look at the photo before but I would rule out the 60mm. I think they are on 50mm in the warscroll  photo.

Note: I only put two of the trolls together so that 1mm is based on the two I assembled.

Thanks for the responses.  I didn't realize how much wider the Fellwater are until you guys started mentioning 50s and 60s being the most appropriate.  In contrast, the Sourbreaths look like they will comfortably for on 40s and are much less bulky when you stand them up beside the Fellwater.  If the Fellwater feet barely fit onto 50s then I could see how 60s might look good as well since their arms have fairly dynamic poses and are fairly long.

However since I would like to try the Fellwater in some bigger units the 50s might be better for "ranking up".

Based on PC's description it sounds like the warscroll Fellwater examples are indeed on 50mm.

Archived