Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Olmdebil said:

Is it possible to allie sayl the faithless into an fatesworn/DoT List?the flexible movement would be so great

The scroll has been updated and he can't move units that are not keyword "Slaves to Darkness" with the Traitors Mist spell.

edit - here's the spell as it was changed:

"TRAITOR’S MIST

Sayl can use his dark arts to enshroud himself or his allies in a dark vortex of magical power and transport them across the battle eld like a shadow across the sun. Traitor’s Mist has a casting value of 7. If successfully cast, pick a friendly Slaves to Darkness unit wholly within 15" of the caster. Remove the unit from the battle eld, and then set it up anywhere on the battle eld more than 9" from any enemy models. If you pick Sayl himself to be the target of this spell and Nightmaw is within 3" of him when the spell is cast, you can also remove Nightmaw from the battle eld and then set it up anywhere on the battle eld that is within 3" of Sayl the Faithless and more than 9" from
any enemy models. Units moved in this manner cannot move in the following movement phase."

1 hour ago, Countmoore said:

My list was Kairos and changehost with a gaunt summoner support.  Windcharm didn't get used once so need to have a think about what to replace it with.

Paradox Shield. In cover he gets a 3+ and only has to reroll 6s.

I've also been running almost the exact list for a month now with the new points. I love it.

11 hours ago, Malakithe said:

How did you do so well with what only seems like your heroes could do dmg?

Same question here. Thats basically 5 heroes with around 10 spells and a bunch of chaff. 

How do you deal with hard hitting melee armies and deep strike armies? Just proper horror positioning and MW spam?)

4 hours ago, Deathawaits101 said:

New to tzeentch here.

Can u use destiny dice to manipulate opponents rolls?

If he is gonna charge my unit of 10 horros can i chose 2 Destiny dice for his charge?

That would be nice but you can only use them for your own rolls. The battletome has a list that (together with the recent FAQ) exactly says which dice rolls you can use them for, e. g. it's not allowed to use them for the roll for turn order.

12 hours ago, Malakithe said:

How did you do so well with what only seems like your heroes could do dmg?

Played for scenario always. Good use of board control and locked the enemy in with pink/blue/brim when needed. 

Also a good dose of luck on who I played in what scenario. Getting a KO zilfin list with only two heros in duality of death was a turn two win for example. 

5 hours ago, Nico said:

Well done Tony!

Windthief has been nerfed into the ground (and strictly is only for the Arcanite heroes making it even more useless). Paradoxical Shield is good as @Rhellion said.

I'm hoping to write up my games with Fatesworn plus Kairos in due course.

Thanks Nico. I'm actually thinking the souldraft as the gaunt summoner casts vortex then two spells gets a lot of mileage out of that one. 

8 hours ago, Myzyrael said:

That would be nice but you can only use them for your own rolls. The battletome has a list that (together with the recent FAQ) exactly says which dice rolls you can use them for, e. g. it's not allowed to use them for the roll for turn order.

Thank you! 

How does everyone see Tzeentch doing after the release of the Generals Handbook 2017? 

I play Death now and wanted to wait until the new book came out before I start my new army. 

I really love the models allot and am dipping my feet into the competitive scene here in NJ/PA. 

How do you think they will still do with some of the Different point cost now?

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Deathawaits101 said:

Thank you! 

How does everyone see Tzeentch doing after the release of the Generals Handbook 2017? 

I play Death now and wanted to wait until the new book came out before I start my new army. 

I really love the models allot and am dipping my feet into the competitive scene here in NJ/PA. 

How do you think they will still do with some of the Different point cost now?

Thank you.

The army is still really strong. They've been toned down (or rather had abilities that were easily abused, such as the Windthief Charm and putting a LoC onto a Balewind, clarified), but the base units are still good even with the points increase, the mortal wound output can be crazy effective, and Destiny Dice are arguably the best allegiance ability in the game. The best thing about the army is that you can take a completely different or unique list and still compete on a competitive level. As an example I took the Omniscient Oracles battalion to the South Coast GT and won 4 out the 6 games - that is often the beauty of a strong book when all the models are at least average to above average.

Just now, Deathawaits101 said:

I wanted to run the Marauders as my battle line using the tzeentch allegiance  

Okay:

If you have All Tzeentch units in your Army (no unmarked units)

You can do a Grand Alliance Chaos Faction army. And choose Allegiance:Tzeentch 

This allows you to use Marauders (Tzeentch Marked) as Battleline. (You can't use Chaos Marauder Horsemen as Battleline, however)

Archived