2000 Point Flesh Eater Court - The Danse Macabre

The_Chin

Fellow members of the royal court, you are most cordially invited to attend the annual Gibblesreach ball. The Duke and Lady Gibblesreach request the pleasure of your company!

So folks, working up a 2000 point list for an upcoming tournament and I've got to this stage, however I'm open to suggestions. 

Where possible I'm looking to stick with the FEC allegiance, with allies if needs be.

Thoughts?

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts 

Delusion: Crusading Army

Leaders:

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120) - General - Command Trait : Dark Wizardry

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400) - Artefact : The Grim Garland

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)

Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

Units

30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)

20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

9 x Crypt Horrors (480)

Total: 1980 / 2000

Allies: 0 / 400

Like the list, some solid units and supported by 2 monsters.

Be cool to see how this plays. Has similar setup to what one of my club mates runs and has done very well recently.

Only idea for a change if you wanted an option would maybe go with your core like this:

40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)

10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

9 x Crypt Horrors (480)

Not sure if it is better or not, but it does save you another 40 points thanks to the horde rule, which gives you 60 left over. Nice for summoning things like 5 Dire Wolves or 10 zombies for chaff / claiming objectives / getting in the way or even a Cairn Wraith for having an extra hero and a unit that is quite survivable once in terrain. He is also quite good for fighting small 5+ model low armour units die to his re-rolls and decent damage.

• 3 weeks later...

Like the idea of the summonable wolves or wraith, had some sucess with it. I'll probably take that version to the Heat, but I'm toying with this

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts - Delusion: Crusading Army

Leaders

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120) - General - Command Trait : Dark Wizardry

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400) - Artefact : The Grim Garland

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440) Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

Units

6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

3 x Crypt Flayers (160)

40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)

10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000

Allies: 0 / 400

Leaders: 4/6

Battlelines: 3 (3+)

Behemoths: 2/4 

Swap 3 horrors for 3 flayers for a bit of rend potential, and try out the zombie dragon for the reroll wound buff spell. 

It does lose me the 60 points for summoning so I may return to a second terrorgheist. The only thing I will say for the zombie dragon is it usually performs more reliably against high bravery units - the terrorgheist loses a bit with the scream

I like the 3 flayers, I wish we could use them le the horrors as Battleline without having to take the Courtier as general: I would rather summon them with the AGKoTG Command Ability. 

I haven’t play a lot with my army, but I think they could be a pain in the ass for your opponent. Small unit means you are more likely to fit them in the spaces he leaves. They fly and move a lot, so they can simply go for his heroes or the objectives (lost a game last Night because my opponent summoned a unit behind my lines and took my objective, forcing me to redirect my TG to go back and deal with them.

Archived