Shadespire Warband Wish List

Gaz Taylor

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wishlist for new warbands:

* Night Goblins. So much variety and fun.
* Witch elves. This game needs some cool women
* High/wood elves
* NOT Khorne chaos - any of the other big 3. I guess Slannesh is kinda dead now or what?

I know several people who haven't quite jumped on board yet because they like to play with "pretty" or "elegant" models.
They are not quite hooked on orcs, undead, skaven, reavers and not even huge walking Sigmar armors.
More female characters or "good" races would go a long way to pull them in.

As a Death Player i would like to see (suprise, suprise) some FEC, Vampires or even Nighthaunt.

Warbads coul look like:

FEC (Ghouls):

• Leader: 3 Wounds, 1 Evade, 3 Speed, 2 Dice on Blades 2 Damage (Special Ability, when you take a Warrior out of Combat, until the next Endphase all of your Fighters roll an Extra Attack Dice)
  • Big Guy: 4 Wounds, 1 Evade, 3 Speed, 2 Dice on Hammers (attacks with a Bone Club), 2 Damge
  • Sneaky Guy: 2 Wounds, 2 Evade, 4 Speed, 1 Dice Blades, 1 Damage (Talons), {Extra 1 Damage on Crit]
  • 2 Small Guys: 2 Wounds, 1 Evade, 3 Speed, 1 Dice Blades, 1 Damage (Talons)

They get Inspired, when at least two opponent Warriors are out of Combat [Feeding Frenzy]

Vampires:

Don't know which Init would fit. But they could Heal 1 Wound if the take a Warrior out of combat. They could get inspired if they heal at least 1 Wound (had to be injured before). If they are inspired they could fly, which means they coould move through occupied hexes.

Nighthaunt (Spirit Hosts)

• Leader: 4 Wounds, 2 Evade (because of Ignoring Rend), 3 Speed, 3 Dice Blades (Because of the Mortal Wounds they deal) 2 Damage
  • Female (Banshee like: 3 Wounds, 2 Evade, 3 Speed, 2 Dice Blades on 2 or even 3 Hexes! (Range Attack), 2 Damage
  • Cleave Guy: 4 Wounds, 2 Evade, 3 Speed, 2 Dice Blades, Cleave, 3 Damage

They get Inspired if they assist each over while an attack oder safe roll

28 minutes ago, zabbraxas said:

in a city full of magic and knowledge it's a shame we don't have a tzeentch warband.

Maybe they wait the autorisation by the shadespire airport to land on their disc

Well it isn't like Tzeentch to be trapped somewhere either I guess ;) But yeah I too think that a Tzeentch Warband will be an awesome prospect for the future. I think it's quite likely to occur too as there are some awesome reasons to add some more characters to an Kairic Acolyte Warband. I think the ogrinal models look cool but are also lacking some real mutations I'd expect to be on there more.

This is also why I love Garrek's Reaver models so much, they have the scars and Khorne markings I wish many more Khorne models had. It's that extra touch of detail that really makes the Shadespire models winners. 

16 hours ago, Killax said:

Well it isn't like Tzeentch to be trapped somewhere either I guess ;) But yeah I too think that a Tzeentch Warband will be an awesome prospect for the future. I think it's quite likely to occur too as there are some awesome reasons to add some more characters to an Kairic Acolyte Warband. I think the ogrinal models look cool but are also lacking some real mutations I'd expect to be on there more.

This is also why I love Garrek's Reaver models so much, they have the scars and Khorne markings I wish many more Khorne models had. It's that extra touch of detail that really makes the Shadespire models winners. 

The Tzeentch could be killing for sport though! :)

I would love to see some elf Warbands. I thing that high elves and dark elves particularly haven’t had much attention since AoS dropped and it would be a good opportunity to introduce some new models without having to bring out loads of stuff. Although I’m sure there are a number of other people who theink their prefered army is due to attention too. 

To be honest, I’d even be happy with just the rules and use the existing range to represent characters. I don’t know what high elves would suit the setting and game style though!

I’d love Shadow Warriors and they would work fluff-wise, but a big part of their rules is their archery and I don’t know how that would translate to Sjadespire gameplay. Not seen much in the way of long ranged attack’s so far. 

Swordmasters would work well fluff AND gameplay wise though! 

Depending on how agile and defensive the Skaven are I think a lot of Aelven fans might want to give a try on them to represent another Warband. Ideally we will see two fighters with Spears, multiple with daggers and one with shield (and flail but that can easily be a sword too). 

Though because I feel Warhammer Underworlds is a succes, 2018 will be in the focus of Undead and Aelves aswell I would not at all be suprised if the next Warhammer Underworlds setting would indeed include Aelves. Now for sure Stormcast will be in there too, like something 'Chaos Warrior' but as GW often shows the rest of them are more often interchanable. 

If anything though I think the Warband total will add up to a great selection of different styles that could easily represent a different allegiance.

Archived