Gaming mats

I've got mats from Gamemat.eu, Deep-Cut Studio and Frontline, they're all great and highly recommend.

Though I'd recommend you get the Mousepad style ones, I've got a handful of the PVC cloth ones and they're a nightmare to flatten out when they've been rolled up, the mousepad ones however just roll straight out time and time again.

I've got a FAT mat, and my local club has a heap of them too. They're beautiful to play on, dice don't clatter and if minis topple over they don't get damaged.

The material is really high quality and the artwork is great too. As long as they are rolled up they come out perfectly every time.

But I also have one of the old GW grass mats, the blanket type. Probably not easy to come by any more, but it's still going strong over 10 years later!

I have two of the vinyl sort by MatsbyMars. You can see one in action in this post:

From some angles it does have a bit of a sheen. For the cost, I like them quite a bit and will likely get a third 2x3 mat for league/campaign/tourney sessions.

I've also got one of the old Citadel grass mats which is amazing. I think that thing sold for only like $20 or something originally. Too bad they don't make 'em anymore.

13 hours ago, Redking said:

I'm still using the old GW grass mat.

12 hours ago, Orange said:

I also have one of the old GW grass mats, the blanket type.

1 hour ago, Mr. White said:

I've also got one of the old Citadel grass mats which is amazing.

Euurrrrggghhhhh!!!! :S

Where's the 'Unlike' button! Haha ;) 

Those things were gross. Bits of grass got everywhere!

49 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Err.... maybe we're talking about different grass mats? I'm referring to the black cloth backed one. It's like a blanket and doesn't crease or shed.

Had it for years with no issue.

Incredible product.

Ditto.  The grass never comes off.  This is a nice fabric mat that is very durable.

All sources mentioned here are good - but PM me this question again in about 2 weeks.  I'm going to GenCon next week and one of my goals is to see if there are any good mats available there.  If there are, and you remind me, I'll send you company info

Thanks for all the good information!

On 8-8-2017 at 7:40 PM, Criti said:

All sources mentioned here are good - but PM me this question again in about 2 weeks.  I'm going to GenCon next week and one of my goals is to see if there are any good mats available there.  If there are, and you remind me, I'll send you company info

Will do :)

I have a FAT mat and I can't recommend it enough. Love everything about it. Lays flat, rolls nicely, looks fantastic, has no glare from lights when taking pictures, etc. The best part to me is actually how it feels rolling dice on it. When I go to my LHS I have to put a book or something down to roll dice, the loud clattering is like nails on a chalkboard after you've been spoiled be a FAT mat. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived