Skullvane Manse. Lair of the Astromancer.

Ben

I'm not entering the contest seeing as I'll be running it but I thought I would still take part in the local one for our club. 

Here is the progress so far on the kit I'll be painting. 

I made a bit more progress on this tonight. Small increments! 

Sand added to all the wood. I'll probably add s 2nd layer of this once it's dry to level out the step in the wood. 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I'm totally open to suggestions on how to do the water effect on the front section. 

Ben I put my water effect stuff in the shed (and its cold and wet outside atm) so don't have a reference, but i know you used to able to buy it at Hobbycraft.  It was a pour on product, i did it in layers and that allows you to add in some colours underneath.  I would say though you need to have your model level!  Also it is faily mouldable so you can add defects into the layers if needed.  ie waves etc, just be careful pouring it as i did not find a way to remove it when it was dropped in the wrong places.

Are you planning to do anything to break up the large areas of grey brick?

ive found in the past using washes to create random patches of stains works really nice on brickwork..... Agrax drips to show general dirt, and thin Biel-Tan washes which resemble patches of moss in the mortar.

just a thought! (and possibly something you were already planning)

Some more work.

A bit more blue in the roofs. 

image.jpeg

Testing a a bit of Nurgles rot in the crevices. 

image.jpeg

A touch of of grey over the muddy pathway.  This needs a few different shades of brown and more grey to make it look really trodden in  

Im not sure what to do with this guy. I have a few ideas but none of them seems better than leaving it stone. 

image.jpeg

Next job job is to read up on water effects

image.jpeg

Archived