Ghoul King Warscroll

mDaro

Im sure, i am not the first one but:

there are two different Warscrolls for the Abhorrant Ghoul King (on foot / on Terrorgheist).

I read in the FAQ that i can choose which one i use. i don't have to use the newest one.

1. So its legal (on a tournament) to use the Abhorrant Ghoul King Warscroll from the Death Book with its nice Command Ability?

2. Further more is it possible to activate the ability twice with Attendants at Court battalion?

Im sure, i am not the first one but: there are two different Warscrolls for the Abhorrant Ghoul King (on foot / on Terrorgheist).

I read in the FAQ that i can choose which one i use. i don't have to use the newest one.

1. So its legal (on a tournament) to use the Abhorrant Ghoul King Warscroll from the Death Book with its nice Command Ability?

Tournament Operators (TO) will often have their own rules on "legality"of using compendium warscrolls in their tournament. Check with your TO.

While it can be argued that the Ghoul King scroll is "the same" there are different names on the scroll. And keywords. The model for both "Ghoul Kings" are the same, but the actual name and keyword is different:

"Strigoi Ghoul King" vs "Abhorrant Ghoul King"

The FAQ is (and has been argued) specifically regarding scrolls that are named the same. (For example: the Mannfred, Mortarch of Night's scroll changed between the Compendium and The Grand Alliance: Death sourcebook. It changed the rules for "Mortarch of Night" ability from "if it is night or you can't see the sun" to if he cast in the hero phase) You could use either version of the scroll.

So, again, check with your TO. (To avoid being surprised.)

Im not talking about the Strigoi.
I mean there are two different Warscrolls in a) the Grand Allaince: Death Book and b) in the FEC Battletome.
In both Warscrolls there are the same Keywords. Just other Command Abilities

If the two scrolls you're using have the exact same name, and keywords then go and use which ever you prefer. (That's what the FAQ says.)

Some tournaments, however, require you to use the most recent version of the scroll. So, check with your TO. And make sure you have a copy of the scroll so your opponent can see it, as they may not have access to the older (and now replaced) scroll.

The Abhorrant Ghoul King in the Grand Alliance: Death book is different than the one in the Flesh-Eater Courts battletome; arguably better (trades the lackluster summoning command ability for the much better IMHO +1 to hit and wound for any Flesh-Eater Courts model within I think 10 or 15") but loses 1 attack (big whoop).  Technically, the FEC book supersedes the GA: Death book (the FEC version is the only one in the AoS app, for example) but GW's official policy is that you can pick which scroll to use since GA: Death has not been invalidated.  TO/EOs can, of course, change this and often make it so you need to use the most recent version (the FEC version in this case)

On 8/6/2017 at 5:13 PM, wayniac said:

The Abhorrant Ghoul King in the Grand Alliance: Death book is different than the one in the Flesh-Eater Courts battletome; arguably better (trades the lackluster summoning command ability for the much better IMHO +1 to hit and wound for any Flesh-Eater Courts model within I think 10 or 15") but loses 1 attack (big whoop).  Technically, the FEC book supersedes the GA: Death book (the FEC version is the only one in the AoS app, for example) but GW's official policy is that you can pick which scroll to use since GA: Death has not been invalidated.  TO/EOs can, of course, change this and often make it so you need to use the most recent version (the FEC version in this case)

both versions are still legit, as for the terrorgheists and si ilars. There's even a FAQ about it.

Archived