Khorne Skirmish box

Silchas_Ruin

I heard quite a few people talk about this box not really being worth it. I have skullreapers and wrathmongers on the list as some of the next units to get. Was thinking of getting the box, build the skullreapers and use the bloodwarrios to try and kitbash the wrathmongers. Or is there a better way to do that?

Yeah it's basically 3 Blood Warriors for cheap (which can technically be used for Blood Warriors or converted into other guys) Skullreapers/Wrathmongers and a Impaling Spear Deathbringer.

I personally do like the box because if I look at the webshop where I buy my stuff it's only 3 euro more expensive as the regular Skullreaper/Wrathmonger box, meaning that you essentially recieve a champion and additional bits for 3 euro, which to me is woth it.

In addition you can make some cool stuff from the Deathbringer aswell, such as a Bloodsecrator or double handed axe wielder, for a Slaughterpriests proxy for example. 

Relly like the box.

What i liked the most is that the spear of the Exalted deathbringer is cut at the hands so there is very fex conversion needed to give him something else. Like was said before, the icon of the reapers for a new Sercator or weapons from the Wrathmongers.

I think it's like any of the bundles - if they're the models you want then it's a good deal. If it's models you weren't going to buy then it's not.

From my point of view I'd get the hero, a few extra blood warriors all for the price of the warmongers (at least if you go to one of the 20% retailers).

My problem with that box is that it comes with 3 Blood Warriors only. The minimum size unit to deploy in AoS Matched play is 5... Yeah, it is thought for Skirmish, and you can always pay full price and deploy 3 of them in AoS Matched play... However, I am a completist collector, and it hurts my soul not having the 'proper' unit size. LOL Otherwise, it would be a great addition to my collection.  

My problem with that box is that it comes with 3 Blood Warriors only. The minimum size unit to deploy in AoS Matched play is 5... Yeah, it is thought for Skirmish, and you can always pay full price and deploy 3 of them in AoS Matched play... However, I am a completist collector, and it hurts my soul not having the 'proper' unit size. LOL Otherwise, it would be a great addition to my collection.  

It's an addition to the base starter (which has 5) set to provide a number of Blood Warriors in a number that is pleasing to Khorne. (Which is 8.)

(Alternately, if provides two normal (non-champion) models to add to the Storm of Sigmar mini-starter set.... and gives them a starting size of 5.)

It's a great set! You're basically getting the Deathbringer for free. I've wanted to buy some Wrathmongers for a couple months but didn't want to pay full price for them. This gets me the Wrathmongers plus the cool Deathbringer and 3 Blood Warriors that will bring me up to 20. 

Yeah typically it's a fantastic deal for those who like Wrathmongers and Skullreapers, which means a lot of Battalions become interesting.

Like everybody I too wish it contained 5 Blood Warriors but it is what it is, the Deathbringer that comes with it can become all kinds of Heroes :) especially because you have enough pieces to convert if your not having a use for those 3 additional Blood Warriors.

Archived