AoS projects (Death army)

BangDoll

Well... I meant the base, I am so bad at basing 😅

By looking at your bases again, did you "follow" your own guide from the MBP compendium ? Guess I should grab some pigments anyway.

For the maelstorm, I guess that what bothers me is the high contrast between the ghost faces (which appear to laugh on your pictures :)), and the maelstorm ball. As I planned to do a slight variation of what you did (magenta / purple magic smoke and ghostly green slime ball), I wonder how I will do the transition (yours is pretty neat). Maybe by going dark blue to transition from dark purple to green

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way i do the base in the guide is the same as i do mine. Pigments are very good and easy to use, since i discovered them i can't stop using them. 

Yep maybe the colors are a problem on the Maelstrom ^^. I used an airbrush, it help to have a smoother effect. 

1 hour ago, BangDoll said:

The way i do the base in the guide is the same as i do mine. Pigments are very good and easy to use, since i discovered them i can't stop using them. 

Yep maybe the colors are a problem on the Maelstrom ^^. I used an airbrush, it help to have a smoother effect. 

Thanks, I will try to follow the guide 👍

• 3 months later...

Hi there, long time without posting again but had a frenetic 40k painting ^^.

So let's go back to the Mortal Realms and i finally finished a Chainrasp unit so now i will be able to play a full Nighthaunt army and to test the 2nd edition too. Never played it since the release.... So can't wait to play now :). 

46578778335_44762f7e43_c.jpg

Next will add some little units and heros to complete. 

I need to make some grave sites. Does anyone know what size they must be? I have read that they used to have official minis, but I can't find them on GW site. Another place on reddit says they must be on 25mm x 50mm oval bases.

Help!

I think they can be any size you want. But from what i read; bigger is less practical. Im goint to make them either 32 or 40mm, so i have some space to add cool things.

Btw ive seen batreps where they used a whole temple from Garden of Morr as gs, so anything goes really.

On 3/30/2019 at 3:38 AM, Boggler said:

I need to make some grave sites. Does anyone know what size they must be? I have read that they used to have official minis, but I can't find them on GW site. Another place on reddit says they must be on 25mm x 50mm oval bases.

Help!

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but im sure the grave sites have no size nor model. They are a mark in the battlefield, so a infinitely small dot from where you measure. Of course this is not practical so you’re free to use any markings as you wish. Just make sure you and your opponent are clear on that they are not supposed to block line of sight nor movement. 

All that being said the garden of morr is a great terrain kit with plenty of stuff to use as or create a marker from.

Anything left over can function as normal terrain which helps blend your markers into the battlefield! 

Archived