What are the chances of AoS getting a limited edition book box like 40k just did?

Probably not, 40k is still so much bigger than fantasy. 

The only stuff you'll see collector's for is stormcast. 

I love collector's stuff, I decorate my war room with it, but it's fast loosing it's appeal. Unless you rush to buy it within minutes you'll not get anything, and have to pay triple off ebay.

I'd like to see a personalisation process done of some manner, so it ties it to the buyer and has less resell value to deter scalpers on eBay 

ummm... what?

Also typically when Games Workshop say pre-orders will open at, in this case, 3rd of June... what time do they usually mean? 

Pre-orders usually open between noon and 1pm eastern time (Eastern Standard Time). But ... given that this is a new edition ... all bets are off.

Make sure you have your CC info in your account on the GW site.

14 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Probably not, 40k is still so much bigger than fantasy. 

The only stuff you'll see collector's for is stormcast. 

I love collector's stuff, I decorate my war room with it, but it's fast loosing it's appeal. Unless you rush to buy it within minutes you'll not get anything, and have to pay triple off ebay.

I'd like to see a personalisation process done of some manner, so it ties it to the buyer and has less resell value to deter scalpers on eBay 

Yep. While WFB did have them aswell, AoS didn't start out rules heavy at all, so if anything I think the best chance we have for a limited edition book isn't a Generals Handbook but a 2nd edition rulesbook. Something that will eventually happen but does not have any priority what soever. 

We also have the collectors dice I believe? I mean DoT had those and Khorne had a dicecup like the Stormcasts... The prices attached to those limited things however are so over the moon that I cant be bothered to pick it up. Despite being a huge Khorne fan. 

I think the coolest part of this hobby is miniatures and would love to see more limited miniatures. Additional books and such is stuff I care less for.
By example Wyrd miniature games has a fantastic selection of limited edition models, I hope Age of Sigmar will have that at some day and age aswell. Like WFB used to have.

1 hour ago, Killax said:

I think the coolest part of this hobby is miniatures and would love to see more limited miniatures. 

Aos is, of all the editions least likely to see this due to the measure to the model as standard, limited editions models could be seen as having a advantage 

Pre-Orders are up if anyone is interested, managed to get one

I suppose it would have been better said 1pm locally ...

That is the downside to thinking locally when the game community is global. (Heck ... you're all just as far away as my electronic devices ..... )

Archived