AoS White Dwarf Content This Summer?

With the new 40k edition launching soon, I fully expect it to get the lion's share of coverage in White Dwarf over the coming months.

However, I assume there will be _some_ AoS content. Any idea what may be coming up for AoS this season?

Oh, when's the next issue hit the stands?

I think it  was the weekend when new 40k drops that the new White Dwarf is out, which is a bit of strange release date if you ask me.  I seem to recall it saying Friday 16th June in the back of the May White Dwarf.

There will always be some AoS content in the current style White Dwarf even if it's just tale of 4 gamers or a battle report, in fact the late release date deep into the month might be because there is a new AoS release coming that they don't want to show anything of until the new 40k is out of the gates.

June's WD is timed to come out alongside the release of the new 40k - yes it is a bit odd, but guess it means they can do a really big release.  AoS wise, I don't think we're going to get much for the next few months - a friend was at Fest this weekend and was telling me that there is a lot of 40k releases upcoming (including many we're unaware of).  The general impression is that we're going to get the new Generals Handbook to tide us over and somewhen we'll also get Shadespire (though that isn't strictly speaking AoS).

There are certainly AoS things being designed and developed, but at the present time the focus will be on 40k.

Just when competition strikes with runewars they leave AoS alone. Bad move. AoS haven't yet settled enough to be left without model releases. That would be a huge disappointment if we get only shadespire this year. Utter failure. I still expect them to release at least 2 factions this year.

We've already had quite a few releases this year - Tzeentch, Quest, new Stormcast, Slambo, Blades of Khorne, Kharadron & Skirmish (with new model collection boxes).  Pretty decent considering we're not half way through the year!  I expect 40k to have prime spot for probably 3-ish months, taking us to the end of the school summer holidays (and summer campaign) during which we'll see Shadespire and the new Generals Handbook.  After that it's anyone's guess :)

Does anyone think we'll see Nurgle relaunch soon? We just had Tzeentch and Khorne...and what with Nurgle being the baddies in the new 40k box it seems like a good time to roll them out for AoS as well.

Wait, does Nurgle even have a Battletome?

Archived