Moon Clan Banners Badmoon vs Grot Flag

Hi Everyone 

I'm putting together some Moonclan Grots and GW rather unhelpfully has given me 1 pole but two banners. The Bad Moon Icon and the Grot Flag, which has different rules. I'm not sure which one is better. I know the grots have rubbish bravery so being able to add 2 sounds good with the flag. However not getting hit with shooting by adding 1 to the roll with the icon also sounds good. I also like the look of the flag more and was going to go for that. Then I saw the rules on the war scroll. So before I glue them together and get stuck with the choice what does everyone else think.

Cheers 

I'm quite certain that you can take both... If the pole is a problem I'm sure you can find something that will do, from the ideal brass rod to a more "crafty" lollipop stick (which would also fit perfectly the Grot way of thinking :P). If I had to choose though it would depend on how you're going to use them, if you plan to get them into melee then go for the flag, if not the icon looks like a better option. However I don't think that one is much better than the other, so if you like the flag more and can't use both, then go for the flag!

5 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Yeah, this is what I did. It took all of half a minute, go for one of each!

More than one of each in big units is allowed and probably sensible. Taken a bunch of wounds and want to be 'gamey' in how you allocate wounds? well better hope you didnt leave your banner guy in the wrong place as you dont want to take them off as it will impact how you take battleshock (had this problem in a tournament game at the weekend).  Rules say you can include any number, you could go mad and have loads but thats getting pretty unsporting, just look at how many you get in the boxes or what multiples you buy units in on the warscroll and have less than that. So a unit of 20 would have one of each, 40 2 of each etc.  Plus for grots it would probably look really cool.

4 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

And scroll says either moon or banner, so i dont think we can take both, can we?

It says "models in this unit may be standard bearers," and goes on to say "standard bearers can carry either..." so a single standard bearer can only hold one or the other, but you can have multiple standard bearers in each unit. Same goes for hornblowers/gongbashers/musicians. Not the same for unit leaders/champions.

Archived