Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Vomikron Noxis said:

Not exactly tournament level killer, but should be good to play with at the club. Any changes?

If you have the models, I would include some more "hammers" - Maybe draw out 20 Plaguebearers to include 3 more drones, so you have a unit of 6 and a 3 drones. Apart from that, it looks fun. :-)

I haven't seen anyone post Harbinger spam.

Has anyone tried running horseback Archaon and multiple Harbingers in a Plague Touched battalion?

The 5++ invul save stacks.

You could even add a warshrine for a further 6++ and re-roll wounds.

Side note: This is why I think stacking is lame.

1 hour ago, Spiky Norman said:

If you have the models, I would include some more "hammers" - Maybe draw out 20 Plaguebearers to include 3 more drones, so you have a unit of 6 and a 3 drones. Apart from that, it looks fun. :-)

Yeh I'm tempted to do something like this, because that still leaves me with a nice big unit of 30 plaguebearers. Good shout :)

Hey there, new player getting into aos, and have a modelling question. I'm workin' on the blightkings and was wondering if people in a event would nitpick about not modeling say the icon bearer/sonorous tocsin but claiming you had one in your list?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, MrShyguy said:

Hey there, new player getting into aos, and have a modelling question. I'm workin' on the blightkings and was wondering if people in a event would nitpick about not modeling say the icon bearer/sonorous tocsin but claiming you had one in your list?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Some do.. But if it's ok you should clearly show them who it is 

Yeh that was my first thought, but apparently the start collecting box comes with 32mms. Also looks like the other lesser Daemons all come with 32s now. Just trying to work out if it's worth making the change now before I'm too far down the rabbit hole...

I'm using 32mm as I prefer bigger bases for little scenery and stuff. I also ordered some 40k Poxwalkers (who come with 25mm bases) and bought a seperate bag of 32mm bases. I'll use them as plaguebearer proxies or i'll mix them in units with PB's. Visually speaking they are in the process of becoming plaguebearers actually ;)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Vomikron Noxis said:

I wonder if there'll be a ruling on base sizes in GHB2 or anything. There were rumours but tbh I don't see GW enforcing it any time soon. 

wouldn't be too confident in saying that. as skirmish has shown, they are more than willing to just cut large swaths of things to suit their game, they could completely cut all finecast/metal models from GHB2 

2 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

wouldn't be too confident in saying that. as skirmish has shown, they are more than willing to just cut large swaths of things to suit their game, they could completely cut all finecast/metal models from GHB2 

I find the latter unlikely but I do not ever expect FW models to show up in the GW books. 
As for basing, I too think that GH2 will not include an explicit rule for it. However I do think they will again adress it in the House-rules section.

To be honest there is way too much talk about bases which in the practicle sence make very little difference, largey due to how damage transports over and how certain 'battles' are also won with 1 or 2 models less, who under smaller base circumstances could have walked in there.

What I hower do expect from GH2 is relative minor changes to model costs and hopefully much more drastical changes to Core rules designs again. Because honestly (and I know not all agree) the Core rules/Rules of 1/Summoning etc. are causing this game much more of a handicap than it has to have.

Look at 40K by comparison. The simple fact that summonning is done after the movement phase, requires you to be 9" away and the way heroes interact is also not done before moving just allows the game to syng up better, much better even.

The more I look into AoS costs the more I think it's a job well done. Everytime I create an army I don't think X should most certainly be Y instead. This is also very true for 40K. When I look at AoS' Core rules and GH adaptations I still feel the need to use House-rules on top of that. The moment you (or anyone) needs 3 supplements to play a game correctly who all adress core rules you know the core rules are shaky as heck...

Me again... keeping the discussion alive by asking for some feedback on another list... again it's not exactly a killer list, but I want to paint up some blightkings for my Nurgle forces:

Allegiance: Chaos

Heroes
Great Unclean One (240)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade

Battleline
10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
- Mortal Nurgle Battleline

Units
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)
3 x Nurglings (80)
3 x Nurglings (80)
3 x Nurglings (80)

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (100)

Total: 2000/2000

Pretty much the same sort of thing. Not as resilient, but should pack a bit more punch. Means I don't have to paint any more plaguebearers at the moment too ;)

Any thoughts guys?

Nurgle being their latest 40K example also seems fleshed out really well. I can only hope and expect that trend of Nurgle being replicated into AoS aswell. Meaning Nurgle has the tools soon to deal with swarms on rolls of 6's but otherwise packs a mean but slow punch.

As for upcomming Nurgle stuff, I do expect the half of the Glottkin sprue to finally be used for the upcomming Great Unclean One. This is the sprue Im talking about:
99120201024_TheGlottkinSprue02.jpg 
The prime reason I expect this is because of the art we have seen from Nurgle in the 40K dexes and this part contains but a few Glottkin related parts that can also be used very easily on other models. So what I actually expect is that GW will thake the reversed approach they have taken for Skarbrand and actually have the 'character' enter the game first while I honestly would be suprised if they didn't finish the GUO sculpt years ago. As we more or less for certain know that Skarband's sculpt was also finished when the Bloodthirster sculpts where made.

What I am uncertain about is if the Poxwalkers will also appear in AoS like the Tzaangors. It could happen but the current variants dont fit AoS'design completely well however it could very well be that Poxwalkers in their own box will be very different from these in the 8th dual starter box.

3 hours ago, Vomikron Noxis said:

Me again... keeping the discussion alive by asking for some feedback on another list... again it's not exactly a killer list, but I want to paint up some blightkings for my Nurgle forces:

Allegiance: Chaos

Heroes
Great Unclean One (240)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War

Battleline

Units
3 x Nurglings (80)
3 x Nurglings (80)
3 x Nurglings (80)

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (100)

Total: 2000/2000

Pretty much the same sort of thing. Not as resilient, but should pack a bit more punch. Means I don't have to paint any more plaguebearers at the moment too ;)

Any thoughts guys?

Consider morbidex 

3 hours ago, Killax said:

Nurgle being their latest 40K example also seems fleshed out really well. I can only hope and expect that trend of Nurgle being replicated into AoS aswell. Meaning Nurgle has the tools soon to deal with swarms on rolls of 6's but otherwise packs a mean but slow punch.

As for upcomming Nurgle stuff, I do expect the half of the Glottkin sprue to finally be used for the upcomming Great Unclean One. This is the sprue Im talking about:
99120201024_TheGlottkinSprue02.jpg 
The prime reason I expect this is because of the art we have seen from Nurgle in the 40K dexes and this part contains but a few Glottkin related parts that can also be used very easily on other models. So what I actually expect is that GW will thake the reversed approach they have taken for Skarbrand and actually have the 'character' enter the game first while I honestly would be suprised if they didn't finish the GUO sculpt years ago. As we more or less for certain know that Skarband's sculpt was also finished when the Bloodthirster sculpts where made.

What I am uncertain about is if the Poxwalkers will also appear in AoS like the Tzaangors. It could happen but the current variants dont fit AoS'design completely well however it could very well be that Poxwalkers in their own box will be very different from these in the 8th dual starter box.

Fascinating idea, It would make sense as having such a large kit dedicated to a unique character seems overly costly. 

1 hour ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

Fascinating idea, It would make sense as having such a large kit dedicated to a unique character seems overly costly. 

Art in the latest WD also looks 90% like the Glottkin. :P

28 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Imho the guo isn't nearly as slim and tall as the glottkin. Imho it will be much larger and not as tall.

The kits i also think will be entirely separated, as they did for skarbrand and bts.

Well the Glottkin without guys isnt too tall, I mean he still moves about in AoS aswell. The thing with the Skarbrand kit is that he comes with the Bloodthirster sprue aswell. You get spare stuff so to say.

And as above GUO from latest art looks 90% like Glottkin. The head and arms are all that are different.

You can do a whole bunch of "kit bashing" and customization and can use almost any of the bits (with some work) on most of the minis.

What is neat is the word-smithing that was used in labeling the Sonorous Tocsin. (Sonorous means deep and resonant and Tocsin is an alarm sounded by bells.) I'm a big fan of the huge bell on the model, and changed out head and torso on my icon bearer.

Given that there is no differentiation between having a shield or a second weapon or any particular weapon, the big key is determining who is the Blightlord.

Archived