Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No i simply think that they are hardly worth taking. They heal but who cares when they have no save, no disgustingly resilient, bad hits and wounds stat... To say the least imho they are unimpressive. Become slightly better with morbidex

32 minutes ago, werewolf-comics said:

They definitely lack a battlefield role. They either need to be faster or more survivable to be viable. Shame bc they r my favorite model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I fail to see why they aren't being used as a way to stop a rampaging Mourngul? 3 units spread as a meatshield their only job is to slow down the undead thing its 240pt but if the do the trick it must be worth it right?

Do people think nurgle will get any/many new miniatures with the new battletome? 

I was just about to start the nurgle detachment of my mixed chaos army, but Im considering holding off until later in the year. Still gonna buy the glottkin either way cause I just gotta paint that thing haha. 

One thing is which miniatures would be nice to get another thing is what Nurgle need to be a faction capable og standing alone. 

We know that Rotbringers has but a single unit and a set of heroes. 

We also know that Nurgle armies suffer greatly for being poor against shooting armies (and against Death). So far it seem like Sayl is a must in any Nurgle army and he is not even Nurgle. We need something more than just replacing old minis (though that would be cool too), if they intend the Nurgle faction to be anything more than a mixed Chaos army filler.  

sayl is cool af but haha, but i agree something that gives you a chance to counter your weakness would be amazing ^^

I think I just need a couple more things and I have enough for 1000pts or mortal nurgle pew pew

I came in second at a local tournament in a very competitive meta using the NOVA open missions with my mortal nurgle list. I beat 2 grand alliance death armies in a row and gnarlroot wargrove in the last game.

My list:

harbinger of decay - generaL, crown of conquest, great destroyer

glotkin, bloab rotspawned, 4 units of 5 blightkings, 28 marauders, plaguetouched warband and 80 reinforcement points I use to summon 3 nurglings. Most NOVA missions use wounds near objectives rather then models. So summoning nurglings is better than 10 marauders as objective campers for that (more wounds and they auto regen) Also makes my army one drop.

The first game was against an inexperienced player. It was close because the mission had disappearing objectives. Six objectives start on the board numbered 1-6. Start of turns two and four each player rolls a dice and those objectives disappear. Duplicates are ignored. Three objectives disappeared on my side of the board. So it was fun to battle my way through to his side. I can't count how many zombies glotkin waded through. 

Second game was against a close friend and his very competitive death army. Vampire lord on dragon, blood knights, some skellies, necropolis knights, vampire lord on abysmal terror, mourngul, and necro. You split your army into two (excerpt your general) and your opponent picks which start and which arrives turn three. I choose his lord on zombie dragon, necropolis knights and necro. I choose poorly. Those knights are impossible to kill. I gave him the option of either glotkin, 28 marauders and 5 blightkings..or 15 blightkings and bloab. Your general starts on the board  no matter who opponent picks. He picked bloab and co. His speed, regrowing knights and multiple -minus to hit rolls kept me in a steady decline. However the mission was 5 objectives. Two on your side (1 point each), one in the middle (2 points each) and two on opponents side (3 points each).  Fortunatly for me I had numbers advantage. Realizing this early I ran right to the center objective. You score turn two till the end. So for the first few turns I was scoring 3 to his 2 (didn't try to get my second objective to focus on keeping the Middle as long as possible) eventually I broke in the middle but glotkin, 5 blightkings and marauders held on jussssssst enough to win by on point (16-15).

third game was against sylvaneth. This mission saw three objectives in a vertical line in the Middle the board. Turn three "your" objective (closer to your deployment zone) moved to the right 4 d6 inches. Turn for moves straight up to D6 turn five moves straight up again to D6 inches. The center objective never moves. If you have more rooms within 3 inches of the objective at the end of the game..you control it.  Need majority to win.  I knew he was going to throw down a ****** ton of Wildwood, and I figured that the objectives would be aligned in a horizontal line eventually so my plan was to rush to the middle of the board and just clog it up. he deployed his kurnoth hunters and Treelore ancient behind a wall of dryads. I ran my marauders (2 wounds a piece and 5+/5++ thanks to glotkin and harbinger.. and engaged the dryads and kept his hunters engaged. Glotkin got in there against some tree kin. I was taking mortaL wounds from those woods shaking and my spells..but I got lucky with blightkings healing rolls. He also played his tree lord ancient poorly. He was so obsessed with trying to whittle down the marauders for some reason. He kept focusing on them and wasting effort on them. At the end of the game he tried teleporting things all over the place to try to contest objectives but I had full blightkings units on them, 3 nurglings (15 wounds) on another. I tossed two blightkings units into his big blob of hunters as bait/sacrifice so bloab could retreat from combat and grab the third objective. He wasn't able to churn through them fast enough to get to bloab. I got all three objectives that game. 

The winner is a great guy who wins all tournaments with a grand alliance death army. He won best general at nova last year too. I hope this is a good sign for the nova open in a few weeks. If you would like to see the mission primer for a clearer picture of the missions it is here:

https://novaopen.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?guestaccesstoken=x9ROpaG9jDUNfS1rk7QOHHOxuX5If%2b35XuNZFJYGfXQ%3d&docid=0d5e92023c0b44429bb6a6f3ad2703c5f&action=view

Started working on my mortal army last night, using pox walkers as bases / bits for my marauders, really keen to see them painted, making them basically my freeguild army that has turned to chaos 

DGs-9OIV0AEC0Wc.jpg:large 

Not seen anything, leaks are dead now. 

This though.

Potential for flying blightkings in aos?  They seemed more than happy to pinch blightking aesthetics for 40k, potential for it to go both ways the wings are very neutral 

20664133_10159299269220571_4091476755819311506_n.jpg

I think great unclean one will be coming, they have brought  back two greater daemons already! New beast, although I like the old one.  What mortal followers would they do? Tzeentch  got kairic acolytes and tzaangors khorne got bloodreavers and warriors. 40k got tzaangors and pox walkers.

Archived