Ironjawz - Zedek's Weirdlads

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:01 PM, Brodylan said:

Cheers, it's very basic, just agrellan earth, a wash of agrax, and then a dry brush of terminatus stone 

Here you go - I asked the same question on page 1! :)

Managed to get a 2000 point game in on the weekend against a mate using SCE. The second picture shows my army (plus iron fist battalion). The first picture shows him being scared of the boyz!

I think the mission was take and hold, so I gave him first turn and then rushed most units as fast as I could at his line before he could bring in the retributors and decimators, a squad of 5 brutes with the warboss managed to kill all 6 prosecutors when I got turn 2 which was awesome, but the big cabbage bounced straight off his general! He then got forced to retreat due to some kind of stormcast tricks. I left the mega brutes fairly central dependent on where he brought in his reinforcements and they ended up heading back to my objective when the decimators came down, and ate them all very quickly.

We ended up with a draw as we couldn't take each other's objectives (and were too lazy to add up victory points). 

Was another super fun game, I love the randomness of ironjawz so far. 

IMG_0443.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've been away for work for a while, but this week was able to get back into painting a little. Managed to finish off 5 of the 10 man brute squad. Pictures are a little bright for some reason compared to the others, but they're a deeper orange than shown. 

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

*pic heavy post to follow: 

So today I played probably my favourite game of AOS so far to date, coincidentally the first with the new rules. I was up against storm cast with warrior brotherhood, and we rolled up the first mission in the book. I ended up going with the following at 2k:

cabbage -ironclad and daubing of mork

warchanter

shaman

5 brutes

10 brutes

2 x 3 gruntas

ardboys

gargant

ironfist battalion. 

I deployed to deny him to arrive behind my forces and in my first turn tentatively moved forward whilst still trying to deny him his move down. In his first (he won priority) and second turn he shot most of the gruntas at the front which I planned for and wasn't too worried about. In my second turn I managed to get the unit of 10 brutes into a squad of liberators and annihilate them!

Unfortunately I lost the next priority roll as well and thought I was done. Most of his army now arrived on my left flank and I feared the worst. 

Fortunately only his prosecutors, paladins and knight azyros made the charge (who my brutes promptly ate). The paladins took down a number of brutes but they survived due to inspiring presence. The cabbage also killed 3 prosecutors. This is when my luck turned around. 

In my turn 3 the cabbage killed 3 more prosecutors by yelling, then I rolled a 12 to charge the paladins! He ate them! The rest of my army also started killing stuff back in my deployment and the game had completely changed! 

I then got priority for turn 4!The cabbage and remaining 3 brutes ate his heros and units at the back, whilst I disabled his ability to take my objective by just killing too many of the models that arrived from the heavens. 

By the end of turn 5 neither of us had both objectives, but I'd killed everything bar one unit of judicators and won the minor victory! I loved the new allegiance abilities, and the added survivability of the cabbage meant he didn't take a wound the whole game. Was awesome to turn it around as I was on the ropes in turn 3 before the cabbage yelled at 3 prosecutors and made the charge. 

Cheers for reading! 

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG

Archived