Nurgle List feedback for mini tourney

Zlatan

Hi all,

I'm hoping I can get some advice on list building for an upcoming mini tournament in my local GW. It's 2 months away and I'm in the process of collecting and painting a new Nurgle army for it. 

The tourney is 5 games over 2 days, with just 12 players total. There'll be soft scores for painting and sportsmanship, and uber-cheesey lists are discouraged. 

I'm quite aware that a pure Nurgle list has some big disadvantages - low movement and lack of seriously hard hitters. This is one of the reasons I went for a Nurgle force. I want a challenge and I want my opponents to have some decent games.

That said,  I want the army to give me a decent chance of winning a few games.

I've drawn up 2 different lists below. Which do you think will be most competitive and why? Also, would you suggest any changes to them to improve them? I'm not constrained by models as I am still in the process of buying the force. 

List one:

Great Unclean One (General): Dark Avenger, Crown of Conquest

Epidemius

3 Units of 10 Plaguebearers (battleline)

2 units of 3 Plague Drones

Tallyband of Nurgle battalion 

2 units of 5 Blight Kings 

2 Plagueclaw Catapults

(1980 points)

List 2 -

Great Unclean One: Chaos Talisman

Orghotts Deamonspew

Nurgle Sorcerer

Lord of Plagues 

Harbinger of Decay (General): Dark avenger, Crown of Conquest. 

4 units of 5 Blight Kings

Blightguard battalion

3 units of 10 plaguebearers (battle line) 

Beast of Nurgle

(2000 points) 

Any help would be appreciated.

My biggest suggestion, especially when running drones is a winged nurgle demon prince.

Not only does he add speed to a very slow army but he keeps pace with the drones and activates their locus. Hes fairly durable with a 3+ save, more so with a chaos talisman (especially  against order).

I also recommend Epidemius to buff all Nurgle units, including him in the tallyband adds to his survivability as he will be a high value target.

My current theory hammer 2k nurgle list ...

Allegiance: Chaos

Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160) 
Epidemius (180)
Great Unclean One (240)
Harbinger of Decay (140)
- General
10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)
1 x Beasts Of Nurgle (60)
1 x Beasts Of Nurgle (60)
Plagueclaw (180)
Tallyband of Nurgle (100)

Total: 2000/2000

I really like the look of the first list. The second one seems fine aswell. As above, going with some support for the Plague Drones very likely is a great plan. Looking forward to hear what you have available. As you mentioned that super competative lists are not too welcome at the tournament I do think you should do fine with either of your current lists. 

Thanks guys for all the feedback and suggestions. I think I'll go for something like the first list. Good idea about the DP. For some reason I hadn't really considered him  , but he seems to do nice damage and could support the drones well. Gotta think of a conversion idea now. 

@Slaves2Chaos, I really like the look of your theoryhammer list and may end up stealing it! 

@Killax, yeah Bloab looks better and his extra -1 to hit would stack well with the blightguard formation. 

Anyone know of any good DP of Nurgle conversion ideas? 

I am working on a conversion for a count as harbinger of decay that could pass for a demon prince. Plague drone body with the orghotts demonspew torso and head. Sort of like a plague drone centaur. Where the fly's head was, I used some bits from the maggoth lord kit. First iteration was a toungue, then I used one of the  spare mouths with only a small piece of one of the toungue a. More gruesome I think. Second pic is in the middle of crafting the torso.

IMG_2723.JPG

IMG_2728.JPG

Archived