Help with Kharadron Overlords.

Amradiel

Greetings. As many of you I have started a Kharadron Overlords force. I bought some stuff before I had the Battletome in my hands and feel that maybe that was a mistake :$ Bought the following:

Book
Cards
Admiral x 1
Arkanaut company x 3
Thunderers x 1
Gunhauler x 1
Frigate x 1

And now with some reading I think that infantry heavy is the way I want to play. But I don't know which Barak that is most suitable for this. Should I have spent my money on other things instead of ships and Thunderers? I am probably just going to use the bits that comes with the box so I can't equip everyone with Light Skyhooks for example. I don't want to spend more money until I know exactly what to buy from now on. But I think that 3 more boxes of Arkanaut company is a good start. All suggestions are welcome. Thank you for looking and please leave a comment :)

As i haven't yet played with it take a grain of salt.

The gunhauler is pretty lame on shooting and in sturdiness compared the other ships per point, but it is good for providing your other ships with an extra save against all wounds 

5 hours ago, Amradiel said:

Greetings. As many of you I have started a Kharadron Overlords force. I bought some stuff before I had the Battletome in my hands and feel that maybe that was a mistake :$ Bought the following:

Book
Cards
Admiral x 1
Arkanaut company x 3
Thunderers x 1
Gunhauler x 1
Frigate x 1

And now with some reading I think that infantry heavy is the way I want to play. But I don't know which Barak that is most suitable for this. Should I have spent my money on other things instead of ships and Thunderers? I am probably just going to use the bits that comes with the box so I can't equip everyone with Light Skyhooks for example. I don't want to spend more money until I know exactly what to buy from now on. But I think that 3 more boxes of Arkanaut company is a good start. All suggestions are welcome. Thank you for looking and please leave a comment :)

Most of the competitive lists I've assembled have been very heavily infantry based with one big ship loaded with thunderers.  I think you are off to a fine start.

I think you'll do great too. I'm personally giving the ships a shot (shipshot? Slipshod? What am I doing here?) to see what's what. While I may lose out on firepower, I think I'll make up for it in board control and movement. Oh, and lots of Endrinriggers :)

I know the Ironclad is expensive but you could haul 20 models. Im trying out the Ironclad

1 unit of Thunderers (5models)

1 Arkanuat Company

Aethet Khemist (his powerful 3D6 shooting ability would compliment the Thunderers greatly)

Admiral....

the above would fit on the Ironclad and be very effective I think at objective grabbing.

im personally also using the Iron Sky Squadron Battalion with Batak-Zon (militaristic) they get the nice charge bonus when disembarking from Frigates. All you would need to get is 1 other frigate and you have the minimum for the Iron Sky Squadron. Also keeps you infantry heavy, nice shooting and the Barak-Zon can have Skywardens included in the Iron Sky Frigate.... the balloon men are growing on me! They could be very powerful barging unit especially with their 2inch range Skypikes.

my 2 cents...

Go down the route I'm contemplating, get some appropriate bombs and mount them on some brass rod, drill a hole down the barrel of some of the aethershot rifles and mount them in that way. Gives you swap in swap out mortars when needed.

Archived