Rampaging Destroyers move question

Kessler

Ive been following this thread and I wonder how you came to the conclusion that nr2 was the "right" way to play it? I also interpreted as nr2 but some tourneys rule nr1 were I'm from. I'm referring to the OP when I write the numbers. Is it based on anything from GW etc? 

4 hours ago, Jesper77 said:

Ive been following this thread and I wonder how you came to the conclusion that nr2 was the "right" way to play it? I also interpreted as nr2 but some tourneys rule nr1 were I'm from. I'm referring to the OP when I write the numbers. Is it based on anything from GW etc? 

From the Age of Sigmar rules FAQ, on page 5 (emphasis mine):

Q: If several units can use the same ability at the same time, must you say how many of them will use the ability before you carry it out? Or could you carry out the ability with one of the units, and wait to see the outcome before deciding whether the next unit uses the ability? For example, hidden Shadowblade Assassins are revealed at the start of the combat phase and then get to pile in and attack. Could I do this for one Assassin before deciding whether to reveal and attack with another one?

A: The latter – you carry out the ability one unit at a time, and can wait to see the result before moving onto the next unit. This means that in the example you could reveal and attack with one Assassin before deciding if you want to do so with any other Assassins. 

I know this has been asked before, but a friend I was playing seems to think he can retreat with his RD move and then charge again in the charge phase with his Piggies, he says it's in the FAQ, but I can't see that anywhere, in the GHB one that came out at Xmas it mentions RD twice but doesn't say you can do that. It just says you can use it to retreat, and also that it doesn't count as having moved in the movement phase. Am I missing something?

Depends on which piggies he used. Savage Boarboyz can charge after they retreat, they even should - to get the re-roll on boar wound rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, James McPherson said:

The Ironjawz ones bro

In that case, no.

The GHB FAQ reads (emphasis mine) :

Q: Can the ‘Rampaging Destroyers’ ability be used to retreat?

A: Yes, this move is made ‘as if it were the movement phase’, so as long as you roll high enough you can use this move to retreat.[/quote]

And the Rules state that:

If a unit retreats, then it can’t shoot or charge later that turn (see below).

Therefore since the RD move (and, by extension, the RD retreat) work just like a Movement phase Move (or Movement Phase retreat), charging is no longer possible...

+ Edit: Seriously, wtf, the editor here is terrible...

Archived