BoK: Coven of Blood 2000pt list

Adasi

So i've been really down on my Chaos army since the slaughter. I didn't want to run the Sayl letterbomb that seems to be the "thing" right now, didn't want to put Skyfires in my Khorne list nor did i want skaven. However, that left me in a poor position. Shooting rules in the meta at the moment and pure Khorne just can't compete with Sayl.

I'd considered selling off my army and starting Sylvaneth or the new Kharadron Overlords but the new book has piqued my interest again and has me wanting to try out a new list. The book appears to give ways of allowing your army to get up the field quickly and i LOVE the idea of triple Bloodthirster!

So:

"Coven of Blood" (80pts)
+ Skarbrand (400pt)
+Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (360pts)
+Unfettered Fury Bloodthirster (300pts)

Lord of Khorne on a Juggernaught (140) GENERAL
Bloodsecrator (120)

30 Bloodletters (300)
10 Bloodreavers (60)
10 Bloodreavers (60)

5 Wrathmongers

TOTAL: 2000pts

The Coven allos the BT's to use their Command abilities so they're all running and charging and can pile in 6". Couple with the BT (coven) ability to pile in in the hero phase means the BT's should get some work done! The Letterbomb whilst not as potent as with Sayl and a Stoker can still be getting to a 4+ or 3+ with damned terrain and the tithe table!

Wrathmongers do what WM do...

At the end of the day - its three bloodthirsters which should look fricken cool!!!

Thoughts on the list?

Bloodreavers are 70 pts for 10 in the BoK book now as they gain a 6+ save.

I too am tempted to run that 3 bloodthirster battalion just because...well...it's 3 bloodthirsters.  Sure it's not going to be the most competitive list but it'll be brutal when they reach that front line.

I'll be aiming to run:

Skarbrand

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster

Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury

Bloodsecrator

30x Bloodletters

30x Bloodletters

20x Bloodreavers

Because a daemon horde is always fun to see :)  I'm just shy the Unfettered Fury at the moment, gotta pick one up.

Good lists so far, though Adasi I'm missing why you don't make one of those Bloodthristers (WoK) your general instead and have him walk around with an incredible Command Trait (+1 wound on all melee) plus Behemoth's Bane (re-roll to wound vs Behemoth and re-roll damage outcome if you wish), which surely breaks any Hero and Behemoth in his path. It would also allow you to bring another Bloodsecrator into the fray. 

Jharen I like that list aswell!

On the age old Marauder vs Bloodreaver debate I will also say that if your in need of an objective holder the Marauder now is clearly better at a lower cost and increased survivability.

The Bloodreavers become really nice as soon as you include a Warschrine of Chaos (which is also amazing) or Battalions who give bonusses to Bloodreavers but for designs who aim to include multiple Bloodthirsters I'd say cheaper support is better, which simply leads to Marauders.

Cheers,

I can't wait to get my copy of the battletome, This gives me a reason to dust off all my Khorne stuff. I've been painting nothing but Tzeentch and playing mostly Nurgle these days....

All that Khorne is painted and collecting dust. Time to throw down for the blood god.

2 hours ago, Killax said:

Good lists so far, though Adasi I'm missing why you don't make one of those Bloodthristers (WoK) your general instead and have him walk around with an incredible Command Trait (+1 wound on all melee) plus Behemoth's Bane (re-roll to wound vs Behemoth and re-roll damage outcome if you wish), which surely breaks any Hero and Behemoth in his path. It would also allow you to bring another Bloodsecrator into the fray. 

Jharen I like that list aswell!

On the age old Marauder vs Bloodreaver debate I will also say that if your in need of an objective holder the Marauder now is clearly better at a lower cost and increased survivability.

The Bloodreavers become really nice as soon as you include a Warschrine of Chaos (which is also amazing) or Battalions who give bonusses to Bloodreavers but for designs who aim to include multiple Bloodthirsters I'd say cheaper support is better, which simply leads to Marauders.

Cheers,

Damn that sucks! I didn't realise they were going up in cost! (Bloodreavers). I guess the 6+ save adds a lot more scope such as making it 4+ with Mystic shield and terrain! Still dont think it will be as useful as having very cheap bodies. Although having looked at the Marauder warscroll i guess they're 4+ in terrain and can have 20 attacks easily. hm...would mean painting 20 more models....damn

I also haven't seen the command traits for the book or the artifacts hence not putting them in the list.

i was being greedy with the jugger lord. his Command ability on the BT's is amazing and was going for superbuffs galore! Not sure where the other 140 (or 120 should i go with reavers) would go though?

The Juggerlords command ability only affects Mortal Khorne (unless this has changed in the new book?) so you wouldn't be able to use that on the BTs anyhow.  Really in that list the Juggerlord is just going to be a smaller beatstick...which you don't need with 3 bloodthirsters on the table imo.  You could always go with Valkia though I suppose.  She's fast, flying, and can lay out some bursty damage on stuff.  From a fluff perspective I could certainly see Valkia roaming around with 3 bloodthirster bodyguards!  100 points would get you a slaughterpriest which could be used with the new prayers to buff your bloodthirsters selectively.

I think your list will still have issues with shooting armies, especially with a lack of much movement... but lots of bloodthristers is always fun! The coven/council is 3-8 bloodthirsters I think?

In for a penny, in for a pound...

Council/Coven (80)

Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (360)
- General 
- Unrivalled Battlelust
- Armour of Scorn
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (360)
- The Crimson Crown
Skarbrand (400)
Bloodthirster Of Unfettered Fury (300)
Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (280)

Battleline