AoS 4th best selling miniature game in the US in 2016

Turgol

So AoS made it to 4th (and 1st fantasy) in the ICv2 2016. Source http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/03/industry-the-top-5-miniatures-games-2017.html

Huge success here: US is a rather hard market for both fantasy games and AoS in particular. Good to see that after 2015 fiasco, GW was able to get up so fast. Great news that make me almost forgive lack of duardin news! 

Actually that table doesn't account any objetive hard data. Its all done with interviews with retail stores, producers and all that. You can be sure that GW doesn't throw any hard data out there in their sales.

13 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Keep in mind this doesn't account for GWs Web and retail stores, so it'd likely be higher on the list.

It also separates Hordes and Warmachine as separate games, or it (and 40k) might be lower on the list.

12 hours ago, Rhellion said:

It also separates Hordes and Warmachine as separate games, or it (and 40k) might be lower on the list.

It's impossible to know but I would wager that the top 2 are a good bit above the next 3, possibly combined. Cool that AoS is seeing more(maybe) success.

• 4 weeks later...

The fact people can't see x-wing as the reason for why games are changing shows how me most veterans are clueless dinosaurs. Think about what you could get a 5 year old to play rules/money wise.

I'm happy to see AoS in the rise. I think Warmahordes is going to struggle long term cause the bar for winning is high and Privateer hasn't had to live through changes and challenges like say Magic being released in the 1990s. GW seems to be on a good path for adaptability in the last 12 or so years. And there is a lot they are doing right these days. People who left 8th for other games are coming back to aos. A 40k simplification will do good as well.

Star Wars is going to be in the zeitgeist for the next 5-8 years so hard those games will print money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived