ardboys with Brutes arms

Durant

I am assebleling a new unit of ardboys, and as all my miniatures I wish for tchem to be each one uniqe. ardboys are great miniatures but they only have few weapons and their arms are all the same. My question is do you think that Brutes arms will do, I have try it and I know I will need to cut them a little as the shoulder in ardboys is in main body not on the arm, but will it work?

3 hours ago, Durant said:

I am assebleling a new unit of ardboys, and as all my miniatures I wish for tchem to be each one uniqe. ardboys are great miniatures but they only have few weapons and their arms are all the same. My question is do you think that Brutes arms will do, I have try it and I know I will need to cut them a little as the shoulder in ardboys is in main body not on the arm, but will it work?

I've got a few Ardboyz (capt., banners) with Brute arms just to show they're da ladz! Works alright. As you say, sometimes you need to trim a bit off here or there, and to be honest, the difference in quality (of cast) is palpable - but I think it works alright!

Similarly, I built a few extra Bloodbowl chaps out of a mix of Ardboy bodies and Brute arms, feet and whatnot - as long as you cut and trim in the right places it should work fine!

I've found that it depends on the weapon you want, and the angle you're going for. Greenstuff and some trimming are needed in a lot of cases. Just be sure to do both arms! The size difference is very quickly apparent otherwise.

In progress photo of a conversion I did a few months ago.

IMG_20161222_094316.jpg.4f7471e45cf59cd478e27919edce3644.jpg

1 hour ago, Tuluth said:

I've found that it depends on the weapon you want, and the angle you're going for. Greenstuff and some trimming are needed in a lot of cases. Just be sure to do both arms! The size difference is very quickly apparent otherwise.

It makes perfect sense if the arms are different sizes though! The bashiest arm is the strongest arm :D

I have a similar question, but don't think it's quite worth starting a new thread for... 

Will an Ogre's arm fit on an Orc Warchanter?

Since I'm going to end up with a few of them thanks to the multiple Start Collecting boxed sets I plan to buy, I'm think of converting one using the hand of the "shouting guy" that Ogres have in lieu of musicians. That way I can have a percussionist and a vocalist.

@Thain - The arm itself will be too large/bulky/muscled, however the hand would probably only be slightly oversized. This is an interesting conversion concept. In theory I think it's possible and would like to see it. You may be better off using one of the open hands from the Brute kit though. You may be able to carefully heat it up and curve into a similar position.

All 3 of my Warchanters are already converted, but your idea is way better!!

The problem is that no orc arm (to the extent I've been able to google) is bent at the elbow in quite the same way... and it would be a fairly simple thing to cut the Warchanter's shoulder into a flat plain to attach the Ogre arm. But scale is my main concern.

I've seen other people who have attached Ogre arms to Brutes and it seems okay, so long as you replace both arms. I thought the Warchanter was more or less Brute scale? 

(I'm pretty new to Ironjawz, having only purchased the Start Collecting Box and as yet no Brutes.)

11 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Thain - I've not seen any such conversions. Sounds intriguing as in my head it wouldn't work (hands maybe, arms no). Got any pics bro?

These seem to be Brute heads and weapons with Ogre torsos and arms, but with Brute legs?

I don't know the current model range well enough to ID all the parts. Back in the Eighties (I'm old, get off my lawn) Citadel published paper catalogs with all the component bitz photographed separately. I knew those bitz backwards and forwards... These days? I got nothing.

13745175_1638998993083061_274900172_n.jp

2 hours ago, Thain said:

These seem to be Brute heads and weapons with Ogre torsos and arms, but with Brute legs?

I don't know the current model range well enough to ID all the parts. Back in the Eighties (I'm old, get off my lawn) Citadel published paper catalogs with all the component bitz photographed separately. I knew those bitz backwards and forwards... These days? I got nothing.

13745175_1638998993083061_274900172_n.jp

Those look to be mostly all brute, minus their armor, with the addition of ogre belly armor.

Coincidentally, I've been considering using brutes like this (minus top armor, adding shields, changing weapons and sticking on 32 mm) as proxy ardboyz.

Upon seeing assembled models like this, I'm sold on the idea!

I've already decided my first Warchanter will be assembled without his breast- or backplates, since I don't care for the default spikes. Plus, his ripped abs will make a nice visual "bridge" to any Savage Orcs I add in the future.

I've already decided my first Warchanter will be assembled without his breast- or backplates, since I don't care for the default spikes. Plus, his ripped abs will make a nice visual "bridge" to any Savage Orcs I add in the future.

aac02df783145b04d93bd1e29478d460.jpg
1406161511eaaa5cef6cfee668a3c3bd.jpg

It's WIP but I've done something similar for my Wurrgog Prophet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for iffy photo - but this kitbash I did a little while ago is what I was going to use as a Black Orc Big Boss (if the need ever arose!)

Ardboy body and arm(on the right of the photo behind the shield), and lower half of the mask

Brute arm on the left of the photo, and upper part of the head

The scale isn't too far apart at all to be fair. The main problem you get is the different types of shoulder on the ardboyz. Some angled upwards (for weapons) and others angled to the side for shields etc. You have to make sure the brute arm muscle aligns with the appropriate ardboy shoulder

IMAG0321.jpg

Nice work in here guys!

@Thain, as @Vasshpit said the models you posted are Brutes without their armour and with Ogor gutplates. Look really cool actually!! Though it does look like they have made use of that bellower arm you initially mentioned. Really impressed with those. I'd be interested to see how the tackled the back/shoulder region.

Thanks for sharing all.

Archived