Skullreaper Daemonweapon roll of 1 wound killing a model

raketjan

Question

Ok, so my Skullreaper already had taken 2 wounds, and rolls a 1 on the wound roll of a 6 hit roll from a Daemon weapon, taking a mortal wound which kills him. I then roll a 4 on the Murderous to the last roll, inflicting 1 mortal wound on the attacking unit. Am I the attacking unit?!?

I was kind of winning big anyway, so I just took the wound, liking the narrative of him being so angry at himself for dying that he lashed out at his friend nearby. But how should this be done next time?

4 answers to this question

Think you've played it in the most thematic way.  I think you're right too, the unit selected to attack with is the attacking unit so you'd be receiving the mortal wound from Murderous to the Last.

Is it thematic? Yes!

Is it correct? No!

There is a difference between taking damage due to an ability(especially ones own ability) and being attacked. In this case there is no attacking unit as there is no attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say you've played it correctly. Warscroll says 'attacking unit' not 'enemy unit'

"If the wound roll is a 1, the attacking unit suffers a mortal wound instead"

Then

"If the result is 4 or 5 the attacking unit suffers a mortal wound"

But you don't get to add the kill to your trial of Skulls total- that's 'enemy models slain' 

Archived