'Competitive' Disciples of Tzeentch

Drillz

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only recommend to use this list if you are playing a big game and you don´t want to have friends anymore.

The ammount of firepower and magic is enough to vaporise 2 or three mawcrushas per round.

It is a pitty (or a relieve) you can only fit the big formation in 2000+ games.

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- General
- Trait: Arch Sorcerer - Tzeentch Arcanite Hero
- Artefact: Aspect of Tzeentch 
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Artefact: Wellspring of Arcane Might 
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Artefact: Aura of Mutability 
Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch (140)
- Artefact: Souldraught 
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Artefact: Cursed Ichor 

Battleline

Units
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Arcanite Cult (60)
Arcanite Cabal (50)
Skyshoal Coven (80)
Skyshoal Coven (80)
Skyshoal Coven (80)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2490/2000

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy - Tzeentch Daemon Hero
Gaunt Summoner (100)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Magister (120)

Battleline
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10 x Tzaangors (180)
10 x Kairic Acolytes (140)

Units

Battalions
Arcanite Cabal (50)
Alter-kin Coven (20)
Cult of the Transient Form (60)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 1990/2000

This is what i've been running, 27" unbinding from the curseling shuts down enemy magic, plenty of MW output in the Hero phase and shooting phase from Tzaangor Icon Bearers, Wizards and Skyfires and its a 1 drop list so you will mostly dictate first turn. Seems pretty good so far.

Oh yeah and Gaunt Summoner on balewind is an absolute beast vs horde armies

Lord Of Change (300)
Gaunt Summoner (100)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)

UNITS

10 x Tzaangors (180)

3 x Tzaangor Enlightened (160)
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened (160)

10 x Brimstone Horrors

BATTALIONS
Tzaangor Coven (40)
Witchfyre Coven (60)

SCENERY
Balewind Vortex (100)

Thoughts anyone? I thought this would scale nicely from the 1k I am playing around with. Really wanted to find a way to include a LoC, the model is too nice not to.

Looking for some thoughts on a 1k List with some teeth!

Here's what I'm thinking so far.

Ogroid

-General, Boundless Mutation (Trait), Timeslip Pendant (Artefact), Infusion Arcanum (Spell)

Tzaangor Shaman

-Fold Reality

Tzaangor x20

Pink Horrors x10

-Treason of Tzeentch

Blue Horrors x10

Skyfire x3

990/1000

Ogroid hangs with the Tzaangor, giving them Inspiring Presence.  He heals 1d3+1 in each of my hero phases.  Infusion will give him +1 Hit/Wound, while Timeslip will let him get two shots at bashing things up once per game.  He'll also give the Tzaangor +1 to Wound.

Blue Horrors screen the Tzaangor, I think.  If the enemy charges they can wipe the Blue out, and then I can Pile In the Tzaangor.  Or, I'll just run the Blue out of the way when needed.

Pink Horrors for battleline.  I thought Treason would be handy on them to force some fools to attack themselves.  Though Fold Reality may also be an option to cast on themselves or the Blue.

Shaman parties with the Skyfires for the +1 to Hit.  He has Fold Reality to either replenish the Horror units if he's near enough, or the Skyfires.  Bolt of Tzaangorgoodness has a range of 18" so he may also be able to heal up the Tzaangor at times.

Any thoughts?  I was thinking it could be a handy setup.  That Ogroid should be a brute in combat, but maybe just in my head?  Is the Timeslip a gimmick, should I go for the shield or a weapon?

Thanks thanks!

23 hours ago, Malakithe said:

I saw someone post this list. Looks nasty. Galrauchs points are the same as Kairos so that could be a possible swap option maybe. But Galrauch + Arcane Transformation looks nasty

Screenshot_20170213-191319.png

Multitudinous Host should be Changehost here shouldn't it?

What spells do people plan on loading 2 lords of change with? Gateway and Bolt of Tzeentch seem great on 1, but not sure what to cast with the other.

1 hour ago, Tokyo Nift said:

Multitudinous Host should be Changehost here shouldn't it?

What spells do people plan on loading 2 lords of change with? Gateway and Bolt of Tzeentch seem great on 1, but not sure what to cast with the other.

I'm not sure this meets the minimum for Changehost or Multitudinous Host given that they each require more units from their lists, which are not present in this list.

On 2/17/2017 at 2:14 PM, Riyathe said:

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy - Tzeentch Daemon Hero
Gaunt Summoner (100)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Magister (120)

Battleline
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10 x Tzaangors (180)

Units

Battalions
Arcanite Cabal (50)
Alter-kin Coven (20)
Cult of the Transient Form (60)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 1990/2000

This is what i've been running, 27" unbinding from the curseling shuts down enemy magic, plenty of MW output in the Hero phase and shooting phase from Tzaangor Icon Bearers, Wizards and Skyfires and its a 1 drop list so you will mostly dictate first turn. Seems pretty good so far.

Oh yeah and Gaunt Summoner on balewind is an absolute beast vs horde armies

isnt the cursling a named char so you cant give him anything but a spell

Nah, he's "A" Curesling now, not "The" Curseling.

If you need confirmation you can look at the Pitched Battle Profiles.  Named heroes can only be taken once in Pitched Battle but he's not listed like that.  Earlier in the book too it talks about them in a generic sense as well.

Daemon changehost list 

Leaders
Galrauch (340)
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Incorporeal Form - Tzeentch Daemon Hero
- Artefact: Phantasmal Weapons  
Lord Of Change (300)
- Artefact: Phantasmal Weapons  
Herald Of Tzeentch On Disc (120)
- Staff of Change
The Changeling (140)
The Blue Scribes (120)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)

Units
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)

Battalions
Changehost (60)
The Hosts Duplicitous (50)

Total: 2000/2000

Leaders
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- General
- Trait: Boundless Mutation - Tzeentch Arcanite Hero
- Artefact: Timeslip Pendant 
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Artefact: Windshief Charm 

Battleline
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 5x Pair of Savage Blades
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 5x Pair of Savage Blades

Units

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (40)

Total: 100

My 1k list for an upcoming game. I have considered 2x Skyfire though

I've been playing around with the following list. Wanted to see what others might think about it. 

Two extra artifacts are left to assign from the formations, very much still up in the air.  I like the idea of getting both groups of Tzaangors to attack in the hero phase, but I also cant shake the feeling that six Skyfires are not enough. The Thaumaturge uses the Marauders for Treacherous bond bodies and the Paradoxical shield to keep him in the fight longer.  

Leaders
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- General
- Trait: Cult Demagogue - Tzeentch Arcanite Hero
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield 
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Gaunt Summoner (100)

Battleline
20 x Tzaangors (360)
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

Units

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (40)
Tzaangor Coven (40)

Total: 2000/2000

Took my above list in a game today. Gor's were fantastic.

Felt like the shaman and the ogre did not do a heck of alot. Disc units did most of the heavy lifting. Rolled 8 on my Disc charge (archers into orc warboss, not ironjaws) and the discs killed him right there.

Thoughts to change 1 unit of gors, into a unit if brimstones + acolytes. Give's some more ranged, anti magic (the bird), and then can summon the brimstones to block a charge.

Is it correct that you can split op the teleports in the change host ? So teleport 1 pair do actions and then teleport other pair. Seems alot of ppl are against this and if its yes what proff can i give 

I can only think of this being an eighth edition concept that isn't necessarily in AoS. Given that the Changehost doesn't require the swaps to be at the start of the hero phase (plenty of abilities have that restriction) and the additional swaps are discrete steps, I don't see why you cannot do them independently rather than back to back. On the other hand, do explain this to your opponent - that there will be two swaps (and that this is dependent on you having X number of units).

It does look like classic: "It looks strong, must nerf without justification in the rules or any consideration of how expensive it is or how cheap, plentiful and popular the counter is (Gryph Hounds or staying off the table entirely)". Same thing with attempts to read different pairs of units as being wholly different units

You need to expect this and push back pretty hard. Sylvaneth have had the same problem for 7+ months. People who haven't read the Battletome, being surprised when they lose heavily game one and then screaming nerf. Following a string of nerfs, Sylvaneth are now probably the worst of the tier one armies in a fixed list format (and are a lot weaker now because teleporting into 18" range of a DoT wizard is near-fatal for any Sylvaneth unit). While the Battletome as a whole is very flexible - a given 2,000 point list is far from it - across 5-6 games they are likely to run into a scissors to their paper (unlike Beastclaw Raider-mixed Destruction which is unlikely to run into Nagash surrounded by 6 Archai with the general as one of of the Archai, with a Coven Throne, Kemmler and Little Mannderp chilling in different corners - "Mortal wounds - what mortal wounds?").

Sylvaneth are significantly better with choice of traits/artefacts between games and massively better with a small sideboard/dual list.   

Archived