2000 pts Bonesplitterz

Uprising

Hello

This is my pure Bonesplitterz list/idea.  I would like to get your opinion on it.  I really love the theme of the army, and have play tested it once.  Thanks for your time and have a great day. 

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (100)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Wurrgog Prophet (140)

Battleline
10 x Savage Orruks (100)
10 x Savage Orruks (100)
10 x Savage Orruks (100)

Units
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (300)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (60)
Kunnin' Rukk (60)

Total: 1960/2000

This is a cool list....but it has a very static feel. You can only "kunnin" 1 unit per Ruk so if it were me i'd make 2 larger units of Arrer boyz (2 x 40). That would free up 400 for you and you can do a lot with that.....specifically add some boar boyz. They add a relatively fast tarp pit to bonesplittaz that can go run for objectives too. i have found that 10 savages, are a flimsy speedbump....and you may find you opponent in your shootas faster than youd like. Also you want a way to run and grab objectives..and they are great at that.

Overall it is a great core....dead killy and prob super fun for certain narrative play. However as you have listed at 2k i assume you want to run em in match play and you may find yourself out-objective-ed. Pure bonesplittas is currently the slowest destruction army if you go "pure" (and with traits and spells...why wouldn't you?)

The list seems very Rock, Paper, Scissors to me. It's extremely shooty and will just push some armies off the table, but it doesn't have as much screening or Scenario presence as other Kunnin' Rukk lists. I'd echo the sentiment for 2x40 Arrow Boys and investing in something to hold back and go for Objectives. The Prophet could also be a Maniak Weirdnob if you're looking to be more competitive, doesn't seem like you're getting a ton out of the Prophet for the extra points. 

If the point is to be super competitive, which it may not be, I'd test against some armies that can come across the table in one turn. Anything else besides another gunline probably gets tabled since it will take time to get through all those Wounds and good positioning allows your opponent to get into one Arrow Boys Unit at a time, who can easily be Inspiring Presence'd.

Hero sniping is also a problem for the list since it drastically reduces your output, not much to be done about that though.

I thank you all for the advice.  I am not sold on the boar boyz, but we will give them a chance.  Thoughts? 

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (100)

Battleline
20 x Savage Orruks (200)
20 x Savage Orruks (200)
20 x Savage Orruks (200)
20 x Savage Orruks (200)
5 x Savage Boarboyz (120)

Units
40 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (400)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (60)

Total: 2000/2000

that moment when you realize you have more models than some grot armies..... :)

Looks fun, only tweak id make is to add a caster in there, maniak is usually the go to, but i think the shear volume of bodies will compensate for a lack of buffs. Since you only have 1 hero....hide him well, 10 feet underground, surrounded by boyz

I thank you all for the advice.  I am not sold on the boar boyz, but we will give them a chance.  Thoughts? 
Leaders
Savage Big Boss (100)

Battleline
20 x Savage Orruks (200)
20 x Savage Orruks (200)
20 x Savage Orruks (200)
20 x Savage Orruks (200)

Units

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (60)

Total: 2000/2000

2x 40 ArrerBoyz is just too much. Good on paper, but painting it and playing is ages. You will get bored after some games. Once I played against another Destruction player on a tournament and while all the others finished 5 turns we just finished turn 2...
After playing some mixed destruction with 30 arrer boyz in kunnin rukk I decided to go to pure Bonesplitterz. Much more challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately even with the eye-rolls, groans, etc. people will take these extreme spam Arrow Boys lists in competitive play. I do hope they get re-costed along with Kunnin' Rukk in the next GHB because when I've seen no counter-play options to that type of ranged spam assuming Destruction does all the little things right. Some Scenarios are bad for it but even that's not the end of the world outside of Three Places of Power.

Hoping for some more horde busters in new releases and a re-balancing of a too good Unit. Good on most of the community for not playing those kinds of brutally cut-throat lists, very much a change from what I'm used to.

Archived