Yellow Khorne Bloodbound Test Model

TJ@DFG

I've recently come back to the hobby and getting into AoS. I already have a lot of daemons and Chaos stuff that could be used in any game system. I wanted to see if I could match in my Khorne stuff with the herd. I also want to know what you think about this first test model. There are still a couple of things left to do btw, like a final extreme highlight on the yellow weathering and some blood work etc.

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

Im not keen on the purple boots but they definately fit the theme.

My only problem with the yellow is that its a tad too close to the gold/brass imo, it works nicely on the other minis but with so much of the yellow and metals it kinda feels dull(ish). Dont get me wrong though, I like the theme a lot, very original, just some criticism :)

It's great to see some more yellow Khorne, but yeah the purple boots don't work that well, but purple is a great choice for a contrasting colour otherwise.  When I painted my yellow Bloodbound I used blue for the bits of string they have holding skulls and things to them so you could use the purple like this on your models.

The other thing I would suggest is using a very dark brown for the paint scratches rather than black as it is a bit too stark.  I think the yellow and the brass overall works very well, keep up the good work!

Thank you very much both of you. I will probably try something else with the boots because I feel the same way about them. I will also try the purple string. As for the weathering, I am currently out of all of my brown and my flash gits yellow because I haven't hobbied in over a year and those pots are dead. I will post a follow up with a few changes for you guys later. That I you again.

Also nice to see another yellow chaos army!

Archived