Bloodbound vs Sylvaneth

ADDriot

Hi all

I'll be playing some games with a friend against Sylvaneth in the near future and I've never faced them before. He's a competitive player and quite skilled with his army and I'd like to make it as good a game as possible. I'm anticipating a lot of dryads, and some kurnoth hunters, but other than that I have no idea. Do any bloodbound players have tips for taking on Sylvaneth? How do the factions generally stack up against each other?

What is your list? 

General advice: 

• Don't engage his models in the Wildwoods. Ever. 
  • Park your models where you don't want the Wildwoods to be, they can't be within an inch of your stuff. 
  • They shoot. A lot. Put lots of tall scenery on the table like an Ophidian Archway so you can hide your Bloodsecrator(s) in it. 
  • Play with tall terrain but not dense terrain. Bottlenecks are more of a challenge for BB than they are for Sylvaneth. 
  • Wrathmongers are great against Kurnoth hunters with melee weapons. Same goes for Treemen.
  • Hunters with bows are just going to be a pain. Just remember that the shooting phase is only once, on his turn. 
  • Lure heroes out of cover with your Slaughter Priest and hit them hard with multiple units. 
  • Most importantly: Learn the scenarios really well if you are playing matched play. 
  • Remember things like the turn 3 win condition in 3 places of power, etc. 

I'm not super familiar with what makes Sylvaneth work but I've gone up against them a few times - the Treelord ancient I think can cause your melee unit -1 to hit. This can stack with something else in the army (I'm sorry I'm not sure what...) to cause -2 to hit. So don't send anything with a 5+ hit up against him. The important part - there is no rule of six. They won't be able to do any damage, because (unless buffed) they won't be able to roll a 7. Found out the hard way with Moonclans.

Thanks guys. My list is probably the following:

2 x Bloodsecrator
1 x Bloodstoker
1 x Juggerlord
1 x Slaughterpriest
1 x Skarbrand
2 x 10 blood warriors
2 x 20 bloodreavers
1 x Skullgrinder
1 x 5 skullreapers
2 x 5 wrathmongers

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Arkiham said:

if youre using the slaughterpriest for unbinding as his wording is the same as the mighty lord of khorne he can unbind unlimited amounts of spells. ( see FAQ )

Unless it is the Hackblade&wrathammer priest which can only unbind one spell.

Most of the time the priest is used for 1D6 dammage an ennemy. SOMETIMES to pull an ennemy too.

Archived