Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

So that idea, shall I just convert my Harry the Hammer into a Mighty Lord of Khorne?
harrythehammer-02.jpg 
https://cdn.wallapop.com/shnm-portlet/images?pictureId=124781469&pictureSize=W320[/img]

I bought the second starter a while ago second hand and the stuff is a bit squished and mauled. Still unpainted but I thought maby just cut up this model, use Harry with a Fleshhound and call it a day. I will certainly add a Khorne shield however, as I think he wouldn't fit the Khorne look all to well otherwise.

Thanks for your input in advance guys!

Cheers,

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to get my copy of AoS Skirmish today.  I'm going to play a game at 50 reknown on Tuesday.  I'm thinking of trying this:

Exalted Deathbringer with impaling spear

Wrathmonger (wrathmaster)

Wrathmonger

20 Bloodreavers

So what do you think of this warband, and does anyone else have ideas for skirmish warbands?

Trying to find digital copy of Skirmish book but can't find it in app :-( Can someone provide photos of all Chaos factions and SC? We're going to start playing any time now!m and I need to build my warband :-)

Given that models activate independently, if you took 20 Bloodreavers,  your opponent would be entirely in order to take a half brick in a sock ;)

Been thinking about possible campaign starts (25 renown).  The Slaughterpriest's native abilities seem pretty useful, but you're practically limited to Bloodreavers for the rest of your starting warband, and the 5+ save has me nervous.  Skullgrinder's damage output is interesting, and the cheaper aspiring champ as well (though the 7 Bravery is sketchy).

FMB

Have to say, AoS is allready skirmish enough for me :) Play Malifaux and Mordheim aswell so I don't think AoS Skirmish will quickly follow (I happen to like Malifaux a lot, has tons and tons of depth). 

On another note, it's officially revealed guys!
Khornate-Dragon.jpg

The wonderful Khornate Dragon with lord. Here are some of the older shots aswell:
Khorne_Dragon_5.jpg 
Forge-_World-_Khornate-_Dragon.jpg
KHdragon-01.jpg
15878391_10154991520202834_1699887982_o.
khorne_6.jpg
2016-08-13_0844_002.jpg
2016-08-13_0844_001.jpg

I think it's an amazing centerpiece for AoS Khorne fans. If I ever happen to have a ton of money left for such a project I'd consider getting it as a display piece.

If someone will get it, please let me know. I'd follow that process with a lot of interest :D 

1 hour ago, facelez said:

Has anyone had any success with the bloodforged battalion?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Havnt tested it yet, do know that everything works with Murderhost, can't imagne Bloodforged not working well with it. Especially because Wrathmongers are an excellent support unit and Bloodreavers can quite easily deal with oppossing infantry but Monsters can become an issue if you arn't completely able to swarm it down, due to terrain, board control or other reasons. 

Check this out:

Battalion: Murderhost; Bloodforged

Mighty Lord of Khorne
Valkia the Bloody
Bloodsecrator
Bloodsecrator
Skullmaster

30 Bloodletters
30 Bloodletters
5 Fleshhounds
10 Blood Warriors
5 Wrathmongers
5 Wrathmongers

Add Artefacts to your liking really, The Crimson Crown is good, Mark of the Slayer becomes good for such an army aswell.
Violent Urgency and/or Talisman of Burning Blood speeds it all up a little. In general three Artefacts to choose from will give you a nice competative edge for two Battalions who are rather cheap.

The real question becomes how much you like Wrathmongers :) 

On 5/27/2017 at 1:56 AM, Centurio said:

I managed to get my copy of AoS Skirmish today.  I'm going to play a game at 50 reknown on Tuesday.  I'm thinking of trying this:

Exalted Deathbringer with impaling spear

Wrathmonger (wrathmaster)

Wrathmonger

20 Bloodreavers

So what do you think of this warband, and does anyone else have ideas for skirmish warbands?

I played two games yesterday, with Khorne. Battleshock will kill you in this game format. So skip the blood reavers, if your opponent has ranged he will shot down as many blood reavers as he can and force you to take a batlleshock. I would say go for blood warriors!

On 5/27/2017 at 2:56 PM, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Been thinking about possible campaign starts (25 renown).  The Slaughterpriest's native abilities seem pretty useful, but you're practically limited to Bloodreavers for the rest of your starting warband, and the 5+ save has me nervous.  Skullgrinder's damage output is interesting, and the cheaper aspiring champ as well (though the 7 Bravery is sketchy).

FMB

My slaughterpriest did great, I chose the "heal D3 wounds" and it saved my wrathmongers more than enough. His D6 mortal wound shot is amazing as well. Just be sure to keep him safe from snipers.

Yeah for Skirmish the bigger the badder! Bloodletters are significantly better as Bloodreavers for this format.
Likewise Blood Warriors and Skullreapers would be my elite picks. As for heroes, I think I'd say Slaughterpriest, so much utility is great at this level. Aspiring Deathbringer is a great alternative aswell.

I guess named characters are not an option? Because Skulltaker or Valkia would be sick.

11 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

My slaughterpriest did great, I chose the "heal D3 wounds" and it saved my wrathmongers more than enough. His D6 mortal wound shot is amazing as well. Just be sure to keep him safe from snipers.

Heal d3 wounds from what?  Prayer?  You cannot use Khorne Allegiance abilities in Skrimish.

4 minutes ago, Jharen said:

Heal d3 wounds from what?  Prayer?  You cannot use Khorne Allegiance abilities in Skrimish.

Yep! Just came back to say this aswell. Still a 50/50 D6 mortal wounds is offcourse really good in this format. 

11 minutes ago, Jharen said:

Oh that is considered an allegance ability? I though Blood Tithe was the allegiance ability, not the Prayers? But I assume I must have missed the line that states something about only using whatever is on each individual warscroll?

Just now, Lysandestolpe said:

Oh that is considered an allegance ability? I though Blood Tithe was the allegiance ability, not the Prayers? But I assume I must have missed the line that states something about only using whatever is on each individual warscroll?

Page 78 in BoK.  Here you will see the Allegiance Abilities section as it list each section of abilities.  These are:

Battle Traits (Blood tithe)

Command Traits

Artefacts of power & Daemonic Gifts (items)

Blood Blessings (prayers)

36 minutes ago, Jharen said:

I agree, Slaughterpriest is still a good choice for Skirmish I think, more so the Hack-blade and Wrathhammer one due to his number of attacks.

Certainly! Many AoS games dont care too much about this but AoS skirmish duals do.

Same applies for Gore-slick Blades, Enscrolled Axes and Id also feel very comfortable with a Khorgorath.

Khorgoraths appear to me to be just an amazing choice in Skirmish.  They have loads of attacks in melee with rend and 2 damage which makes them good at killing heroes, then you have ranged attacks too for picking off weaker models.  You have a self heal ability and the ability to lower their generals bravery if within range too.  Khorgoraths are just truly terrifying beasts in Skirmish.

Yep yep yep, I like Skirmish. Though have to say Bloodbound isnt completely designed for this a game in between will feel great. Cant wait to use Shadespire models for this aswell. This just might be the best exuse to go heavier into some conversions aswell :D 

Small BoK orientated review:

- Bloodletters are solid, low in attacks but cheap too and potential Mortal wound offcourse; cool at 2.
- Bloodmaster is an optional choice at 16, but not my pick. Miss the Skullmaster :( 
- Blood Throne at 24 can be fun. 
- Bloodcrusher at 11 is cool.

- Blood warrior at 4 is super.
- Bloodreavers are a nice filler, not my backbone pick.
- Aspiring Deathbringer at 16 is solid.
- Aspiring Deathbringer with 2 handweapons is 20 but logically slightly more expensive. Great buff fellow.
- Exalted Deathbringers at the same cost seem logical but without general not that exciting.
- Mighty Lord costs as much as a house :P 
- Skullgrinder cool at that double 8 cost but low on attacks is risky here.
- Slaughterpriests are excellent, seem worth the 20.
- Skullcrusher at 9 is sickly good :o 
- Skullreaper and Wrathmonger at 7 is excellent in cost distribution. Wrathmonger duos can be great.
- Khorgorath is a real tank at 16.

I think the real winners here are Skullcrushers and Khorgoraths. Good saves, heavy damage output, allround awesome models. 
Again I don't get why the Bloodcrusher ended up more expensive as a Skullcrusher... What am I missing there? Battleshock effects? 

In a cavalry heavy khorne list, should i take 40 bloodreavers or 15 blood warriors, their main point would be to just tie up enemy units while my skullcrushers and varanguard flank. Im running a unit of varanguard with the mounted archaon, and lord of khorne on juggernaut with 3 units of skullcrushers, forming up a brass stampede formation. Ill also field the aspiring deathbringer and a bloodsecrator, archaon´s command ability lets me trigger all the other hero´s command abilities.

Archived