Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

@Pathies Welcome and cool list aswell! I think that your almost set in terms of competative design but also like to add that I feel you could drop either Murderhost or the Goretide from it because they are essentially doing compairable things but you pay the full price for all of it :D. 

So in this case Id keep it the same if its just for fun but consider the Daemon or Bloodbound side as the main focus to add more models.

30 block Bloodletters are really good :D 10 block Blood Warriors or 5 block Skullreapers are really good but they also cover a lot of ground in the same way.

The way I see Battalions is getting the most bang out of your buck. 20 point Murderhost feels like its free for 2 blocks of 30 Bloodletters, much the same applies to me forThe Goretide the moment you fill it with Bloodbound units :)

Cheers,

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Pathies Not sure what you're working with (owned vs planning to buy, etc), but if you're dead set on running a Murder Host in that list you may want to consider running it either heavier in the Bloodletters (30) or heavier in the Bloodcrushers (6).  Bloodletters would be the stronger bet for damage output, but if you're using the Murderhost to simply move up quick and lock stuff down then Bloodcrushers move much faster and offer a larger footprint.   As you have it now I feel that every unit in your Murderhost is just going to be underwhelming.  Skulltaker is a bit of a waste here I feel, as he's likely to never see combat against enemy heroes where he shines the most.  For the same price I feel you'd see more options out of a Skullmaster as he is faster and offers more options on how to use him at the same price as Skulltaker.

Other than that, @Killax makes some fine points about going one way or the other with your force to get the biggest bang out of it.

Allegiance: Blades of Khorne

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120) - Artefact :  The Blood-forged Armour  
Slaughterpriest (100) - Bloodbathed Axe - Artefact :  The Blood-forged Armour  - Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100) - Bloodbathed Axe - Artefact :  The Blood-forged Armour  - Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh
Exalted Deathbringer (80) - Bloodbite Axe & Shield
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140) - General - Command Trait : Violent Urgency  - Artefact :  Gorecleaver  

Units
5 x Blood Warriors (100) -Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Bloodreavers (70) -Reaver Blades
5 x Skullreapers (140) -Daemonblades - 1 x  Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (140) -Daemonblades - 1 x  Soultearers
10 x Blood Warriors (200) -Goreaxe & Gorefist - 1 x  Goreglaives
10 x Blood Warriors (200) -Goreaxes - 1 x  Goreglaives
10 x Blood Warriors (200) -Goreaxes - 1 x  Goreglaives

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (80)
Slaughterborn (80)
The Goretide (40)

Total: 1790/2000

for an 1800p tournament... The Goretide for an extra w6 move .... my problem still is that il didnt see any option to proteckt my Mighty Lord of Khorne

@OlmdebilBloodforged armor on your slaughterpriests doesn't make much sense to me.  If someone wants them dead, a 5+ save (or 4+ if using Bronzed Flesh) ignoring rend isn't going to help you much.  You're better off going with Brazen Rune on both of them to give yourself a 2+ save vs spells on them but also the ability to auto-unbind any enemy spells that may be cast early in the game.

Ideally you'll want to be using your Bronzed Flesh prayer to help keep your Mighty Lord on the table, or otherwise giving him a different artifact such as the Bloodforged armor or Brazen Rune instead of the Gorecleaver to further tank him up.

I'd suggest something like this:

Bloodsecrator - Brazen Rune or Bloodforged Armor

Exalted Deathbringer - Mark of the Destroyer or Gorecleaver

Mighty Lord of Khorne - Mark of the Destroyer, Gorecleaver, or Bloodforged Armor

Slaughterpriest - Brazen Rune

Alternatively you could use multiple Talismans of Burning Blood to increase your mobility but you'll give up a lot for doing this.

Note:   Your best protection for your Slaughterpriests is by pulling focus off of them onto more powerful heros/units.

@Killax thank for the feedback! I see what you are saying about it being better to focus on one side if I was to have a competitive focus. So I suppose my next question would be, what should I put in the gore tide to expand it? As it is right now, I have what is already in the goretide as well as 5 wrathmongers, 20 bloodreavers, 3 skullcrushers, a bloodstoker, an aspiring deathbringer, a skullgrinder, and a khorgorath.

@Jharen thank you for tre suggestions! To answer your question it was a little bit of what I am working with with a start collecting box for khorne daemons thrown in. I also understand where you're coming from with respect to the murderhost, so I think I might focus more on the goretide instead! As I mentioned earlier, my next question would be what to add to the goretide in order to fill it out to 2000 points! 

Thanks again all for the feedback!:)

1 hour ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

Playing some Sylvaneth tomorrow. Anyone want to share past experiences? Army includes one of just about everything including Alarielle. 

Mind your placement to deny those spirit walks and deep strikes! And ofc placement of further Wyldwoods. Bloodforged armour for some protection from those Kurnoths? E.g. on your secrator. Maybe consider MSU if you expect Wyldwood spam to navigate around and in between them! And yeah, some bubble wrapping to protect your command unit from any alpha...?

Going to try my Bloodfueld List for it. Should put enough bodies on the field to handle the board controlled part. 

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Skulltaker (100)
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- General
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
- Trait: Violent Urgency 
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer 
Bloodstoker (80)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Blood-forged Armour 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Battleline
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline (Karanak General)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline (Karanak General)
30 x Bloodletters (300)
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades

Units
5 x Skullreapers (140)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
1 x Chaos Warshrine (200)
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Battalions
Murderhost (20)
Gore Pilgrims (80)

Total: 2000/2000

Otherwise I could revert to the list I played two weekends ago.. 

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Skulltaker (100)
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- General
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
- Trait: Violent Urgency 
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer 
Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear (80)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Blood-forged Armour 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh

Battleline
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline (Skullmaster Herald of Khorne General)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline (Skullmaster Herald of Khorne General)
30 x Bloodletters (300)
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Units
5 x Wrathmongers (180)

Battalions
Murderhost (20)
Gore Pilgrims (80)

Total: 2000/2000

Again, wouldnt be lacking in board control 

Just a thought if you decide on going with Wrathmongers; how do you expect to use them? I've always figured a Sylvaneth player pretty much chooses targets, so it could work against you? Also What's your plan to take out his biggies? They can hit pretty hard!

With Sylvaneth I find it's best to try to force their hand.  Much of the time they went to control the board via there ability to teleport, range, and summon woods.  Throwing the 30 bloodletters at them hard and fast while doing a wide bubble wrapping up with the rest of your force towards the middle of the table allows you to make them react against the immediate threat while denying them much of the table space they may need to summon woods into.  This may put them into a situation where they will either focus down onto the bloodletter block or try to start spreading their forces out.  The key here is to try to make them use their abilities when and where you want them to use them, not where they want to while also locking up as many of their units as you can.  Don't be afraid to lose units, especially your battleline.  Feed off the losses for your tithes and line up stuff to use the tithe points to maximum effect.

@Aspirant Snaeper both seem cool man, really I'd go with your new list, switching up armies is the coolest thing there is to have a fun game. The variance in forces also keeps your tactical descisions sharp. 

@misthv Wrathmongers to me remain one 'fear' piece, sprinkling in 'some control' as the second wave unit. A Sylvaneth player can certainly pick them out, upon doing so you 'save' other pieces. The Wrathmongers, even 1, can be an ideal way to thake out biggies or let them thake themselves out. Ideally you transport them and they are your second wave models. The advantage of this is that you'll either see players over commit into them or they arrive at opposing Monsters and cause fun mayhem.

To me Wrathmongers are always a golden single unit :P I don't think I'll ever use 2 units but I do think having 1 is mandatory for the coolness factor and the only infantry Unit in Khorne that's designed to thake on Monsters specifically. This is really cool because other choices for that are usually characters, such as a Bloodthirster of any kind or Mighty Lord of Khorne.

Khorne doesn't have a massive ammount of tactical variance in it's core unit design (can obtain some due to Battalions) but Wrathmongers most certainly are different and that works out really cool on the battlefield. As you can always say...
A-i7_Mkdg_Gn_Y.jpg

Cheers,

@KillaxThat certainly was the idea with the new list, however we had a house rule that whoever wins the last Saturday game has to play the same list until they're defeated. I also didn't get to flex nearly as much of it as I was hoping to. 

@misthv I have a tactical advantage in this situation in that my opponent has never played against Wrathmongers and thus doesn't know of their power. Additionally, I feel the list is diverse enough that it could readily handle their loss without much offensive drop off. 

However, the idea of 3+ save Skullreapers is also appealing with Kurnoth Hunters on the board. 

Ah okay, yeah if your forced to play it, so be it! I mean that rule sounds kinda cool but I personally really enjoy seeing and playing against different forces instead of playing it to a repeat. In general though I just love Wrathmongers aswell because they are the ideal mirror to use against Melee cheezefests (Khorne included :P ).

I also feel that, with most of my gaming group present and observing each game, it might be more advantageous to play the same list a few times, get people lulled into a state of comfort with what I'm going to bring, and then pop something new on them. 

I also made a few mistakes which benefited my opponent last time (despite me still winning), so I think that playing the old list one or two more times will be beneficial to understand how the units work with one another. I may swap out the Reaver Blade 'reavers for Meatrippers at least. 

Just finished my game. Going to do a full write up elsewhere, but let me give you the long and short of it

• Forgot about Blood Tithe, mostly because I didn't even really end up needing it. 
  • Bloodcrushers really do work well with Murderhost. They're either in position to block more valuable units, or capable of putting out enough hurt to take down most Monsters and Hero's. Keep them in range of the Bloodletter Hero and the Bloodsecrator for best effect. 
  • Horde's really do win the games for me. 
  • Killing Frenzy is a Godsend for when you lose 20 Bloodletters in a single round of shooting (when your opponent mis-interprets a rule to his benefit). 
  • Skulltaker really is a Beast. I'm going to try a Skullmaster some day, but with the boost he gets from Murderhost, combined with his tankiness and lethal damage output, he can't be beat. Clears units and Monsters alike. 
  • Board control in part won me the game. Durthu and Kurnoth Hunters never even set foot on the table. 
  • Chaos Warriors, Blood Warriors, Wrathmongers, both Deathbringers, the Bloodsecrator and Slaughterpriests never saw combat. Slaughterpriests only managed to buff units and were never in range to do damage or pull. Aspiring Deathbringer could only give an extra attack, also never got to kill anything. All of those units played a critical part in keeping the Hunters and Durthu off the board though. 
  • Apparently the Sylvaneth Wyldwoods rule can be mis-interpreted as well. My game group has been playing it as any movement finishing within the woods has to be rolled to kill for. I couldn't believe that I had to argue against three people that it was only running and charging that activated the roll. I managed to avoid taking the losses by saying that I wouldn't have moved my units into the woods in the first place if I had known there was going to be this confusion. 
  • I'm worried because I feel like my opponents are wise'd up to the Bloodsecrator now. Who by the way, actually hurt me with his "Re-roll successful casting rolls" because a few rolls were better and thus made the effect better. 

Will cover the rest in my Battle Report. 

Thanks to @Jharenfor the advice on board control. I actually went a little overboard on the deployment to protect from Durthu and the Kurnoth's popping up unexpectedly. Am prepared for the future though. 

EDIT: You can find the Battle Report here. 

Hello people !

I had a tournament this Sunday wtih my 1500 pts khorne army, using the goretide (you can find my list few pages before. In short : Mighty lord of khorne, exalted deathbringer, bloodsecrator, bloodstoker, 25 blood warriorq, 2x5 slullreapers, 5 wrathmongers

We had 4 games. The tournament was a point-bash tournament (victory for points of fully destroyed units) with a home made scenario who the winner gained +3/-3 if he won on the scenario. As you can expect, this type of tournament HEAVILY advantage gunline based army (who can sit on a corner and wait without giving a ****** to taking objective) but i won’t come back on that.

I finished 5th on 22 players

MY FIRST GAME was against a order army with one high elfe archmage, one flame canon and classic canon of the dispossesed, 30 dwarf warriors, one ingeneer, 2 khemist and 9 endririggers.

I ran as fast as i could turn one. In his turn, he killed the mighty lord of khorne, 4 bloodwarriors, 2 skullreapers and the bloodsecrator (9 shot rend -3 damage 3 because why the ****** not).  I won initiative and achieved a 15 inch charge with 3 skullreapers, wo where able to reach the baloon guys, which made me happy, because it meant they were dead and won’t be a big trouble. My bloodwarriors and my exalted deathbringer reached the dwarf frontline, while my other unit of skullreapers was trying to take the ennemy flank and reach the warmachines.

I did ATROCIOUS rolls with my skullreapers, who killed only 2 baloons. The two khemist behind his dwarf warriors meant i had -1/-2 attacks so i didn’t made as much dmg as i expected. He had a double turn, shoot many things down (skullreapers, wrathmongers, exalted deathbringer, many bloodwarriors) and i was shot to death my battling with his army. At the end, i killed all of his crew, the ingeneer, half of the baloon and warriors but he tabled me.

SECOND GAME i was against a wanderer army, with 4 waywatcher lord, 2X10 sister of averlorn and 2 units of 20 and 30 glade guard. The « scenario » was to have, at the end of the game, more heroes than the opponent in the ennemy deployment area

I took first turn and ran very fast (6 on the goretide !) making me able to be quite close of his army. All his army moved back (since it’s a kill the ennemy tournament, he has nothing to loose doing that), and he shot. With reroll to wound (mystical terrain) and his rend -3, he shot down 9 skullreapers and 7 bloodwarriors.

Another good goretide roll, and my mighty lord of khorne was 8" of the ennemy lines. He piled-in and killed 12 glade guard alone. They the slaughterborn activated, and the exalted deathbringer and 8 bloodwarriors (3 of the 10 man unit, and 5 of the 5 man unit) charged as well, killing 4 sister of averlorn and 3 glade guard, who made a counter-charge fire and made two wound to the exalted deathbringer. The rest of the army marched in the move phase, and wrathmonger made a long charge (thx bloodstocker).

10 sister of averlorn and 27 glade guard were killed in the combat phase, who made minor damage in return.

The rest of the game was the wanderers trying to shoot me down with what was left while i was pursing them. I table my ennemy, with few more loss : 2 wrathmonger, 6 bloodwarriors  and the mighty lord of khorne was took two entire shoot phase alone with insane save rolls.

My THIRD GAME was against a ironjaw player, with 2x10 ardobys, 5 and 10 brutes, the megaboss, 3 goregruntas, a warchanter and a caster. The scenario was like the fourth of the general handbook (but still, needed to kill the ennemy to win).

The game was decided by two roll. At my turn, everyone ran, ready to hold on the green tide, who came fast. At my left flank, 10 bloodwarriors where against 10 brutes and 3 goregruntas. On the right, 10 others bloodwarriors were again 10 ardboys and 5 brutes. He killed 6 bloodwarriors on the right, and i attacked on the left, killing 3 brutes. He attacked with his now 7-man unit of brutes, who instakilled the 10 bloodwarriors, but they striked again and killed two more brutes, meaning my left flank was empty.

Then, we made battleshock test. His bruts rolled a 6, and so his big units of brutes vanished, as well as his happy expression. With his double turn, the megaboss and 10 ardboys charged to the skullreapers on my center, and the goregruntas left the left flank to attack my backline.

His ardboys killed 2 skullreapers, who then killed 6 ardboys with good swing, before losing 2 more guys to the megaboss. On the left flank, i had 3 bloodwarriors left against the brutes and the ardboys.

Then his ardboys made a battleshock, test. He made a 6 and they too ran again, letting the megaboss alone on the left flank.

At my turn, i mostly crushed the rest of the army. The Mighty lord of khorne killed 3 of the last brutes on my right flank, before coming back to the megaboss (killing him), then the warchanter on the backline (one shotting him with the axe). My wrathmongers killed the goregruntas, and the 5 unit of skullreapers destroyed the right flank alone.

The big mistake of my opponent was to charge an army who began on two mystical terrain, and who suceed all the test. And you know what ? A whole army of khorne with a full reroll to wound is awesome.

FOURTH GAME was against a aetherstrike force (5x2 judicators, azyros, venator, relictor, 9 vanguard raptor with longstrike, 2x3 vanguard with hurricane). The scenario was a moving objective on the map. Begining on the left side of the board, then crossing 8 " per turn. Half of my army was hiding on the left side of the board, the other, on the right, and i had two character on the middle

I was helped a lot by two big pieces protecting me from his shot (in this tournament, hills block every line of sight). He decided to be playful and come forward to finding line of sight and taking the objective. He shot 4 bloodwarriors dead. On the second turn, i was still passive, hiding behind sceneries while being more numerous on the middle. He shot 5 other bloodwarriors, but came near to me. I was forced to act before he shot me to death.

Then i decided to attack. The mighty lord of khorne, the exalted deathbringer, the wrathmongers and the skullreapers crossed the hill, as well as my force on the right flank. The exalted killed the azyros, the mighty lord of khorne killed 3 birds and 1 judicators, and the skullreapers, 3 longstrike.

The rest of the battle was really extremely hard, tactical and very fun to play, as i we were carrefully attacking, me trying to kill the most ennemy possible without destroyings units (because of the retaliation fire) and him dodging fights and teleport away. Because he played MSU, i had a lot of Blood tithe, giving me lot of mobility. Sadly, at the last turn (the 4), he took double turn, and was able to kill my skullreapers, deathbringer, bloodsecrator and lord of khorne, before sprinting away from my second flank force. Without this double turn, i could have been able to engage his whole army with mine, and could end in a major victory. It was a draw.

Conclusion : well, bash-kill-point based games are still dumb (especially since a gunline army just have to hold back and wait for you to come), but it was fun.

-        The goretide help to go fast, the mighty lord of khorne is a scary train, able to move LOT of time : goretide+his pile in+a blood tithe move/charge/engage+ normal move+charge made him able to cross the table and kill 3 different unit one time against the ironjaws. And since you choose the order of when you use them…

-        the sheer number of wounds of my list (117 at 1500 pts) meant the high quality shot of the aethestrike force were wasted against me. Sure, 3 longstrike are scary, but even with the best roll of the world, they can’t do more than 6 wounds ! Quantity is a quality on his own. When the wanderer shot 9 skullreapers and as much as bloodwarriors in one turn, he realized more was ready to come.

-        The bloodwarriors are insane, able to fight to the last and make you sure they will do the job, even if they are overkilled on the charge, especially against the ironjaws

-        Skullreapers are a bit random, especially since i don’t have bonus to hit, but, like always, except against the kharadron, they annihilated everything they touched. The wrathmonger make everyone very nervous.

-        Blood tithe are not worth it at 1500 pts. It sure help to make the army hard to predict, especially with number 3 or 5 (move/charge on the hero phase, or engage and attack immediatly), and made me able to make extremely long charge range. But honestly, the +1 to hit against the order, or -1 to hit to the ennemy at first turn, as well as the « +1 to hit on a 6 » would have help me more, especially with the skullreapers.        

Thx for reading, and sorry for the bad english

Great in depth report, I think 5th is certainly not a bad place to end. Missle Attacks in AoS certainly are unrestricted in terms of rules, which seems to bend any meta, be it one that plays objectives for tournament reasons, runs with something SCGT-like or just counts killed units as a point system. I hope we will see it adressed sooner as later as 40K is doing an excellent job in making it relevant but not mandatory.

As for Skullreapers, I think you just had a bit of bad luck with them, or so it seems. Wouldn't worry about it. I do agree that Blood Tithe points begin to feel really relevant in larger games. Especially with the set up you described the use if it could become more rare due to how points are counted to win.

In any case, thanks for sharing! What would your adaptations to the list be?

2 minutes ago, Killax said:

Great in depth report, I think 5th is certainly not a bad place to end. Missle Attacks in AoS certainly are unrestricted in terms of rules, which seems to bend any meta, be it one that plays objectives for tournament reasons, runs with something SCGT-like or just counts killed units as a point system. I hope we will see it adressed sooner as later as 40K is doing an excellent job in making it relevant but not mandatory.

As for Skullreapers, I think you just had a bit of bad luck with them, or so it seems. Wouldn't worry about it. I do agree that Blood Tithe points begin to feel really relevant in larger games. Especially with the set up you described the use if it could become more rare due to how points are counted to win.

In any case, thanks for sharing! What would your adaptations to the list be?

Yes, i really hoped to kill at least 4-5 baloon guys, it would have been a major blow to his army. And without that damned double turn...

For going more than 1500 : i'll add for sure one unit of skullreapers and another bloodsecrator. For the rest, i don't know. Maybe making my 5-man unit of bloodwarrior up to ten and taking bloodreavers for holding objectives and disturbing my opponent. I really want to add a lord of khorne on juggernaut too. Another fast and armored piece able to hold on one unit or hunting monster. And with the 1 blood tithe point, his+1 to wound in charge can help a LOT with those multiple long range charge i can do

Seems like a lot of great ideas, I really think that The Goretide benifits a lot form 10man Blood Warrior units. Obviously most lists do but they are designed for the grind very well, better as Skullreapers even and that's truely where the slight difference comes to light. When Skullreapers do get in there completely they can do a ton of damage which can accumulate due to them tracking the skullcount. However Goretide in most cases is a responsive list, allows for covering the field quicker and responding to opponents wanting to get in there (your General).

All in all I'd say include that Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut and don't give up on Skullreapers just yet, Bloodstokers really can make a massive difference for them. I'd personally wouldn't want to leave home without Bloodsecrators (2 minimum) and at least one Bloodstoker for The Goretide. Ideally two Bloodstokers are put in there to really mass-control. Slaughterborn can be fantastic, you just need a lot of tools to make the engine continue running :) 

Cheers,

So after two runs now, I've began to consider how I can "trim the fat" from my Blades of Khorne list I've been running and came up with this. 

wLU43Ym.png

Note this consists of models I currently own, and depending on how the Gorebeast Chariot does, it could get swapped out for another Slaughterpriest, but I haven't had the chance to use it yet and I like the potential it brings. 

As the Bloodsecrator is the lynchpin of the list, I decided to make him General so he can get the Bezerker Lord ability and fortify his position. I like Bronzed Flesh but it hasn't made a game-changing difference, so I decided to get Blood Sacrifice to hit my numerous and bountiful 'reavers for some mortal wounds to allow me to activate the Mighty Lord's command ability. 

I like Wrathmongers, but two games in a row of middling around in the back means that it's points spent on nothing. Skullreapers with Daemon Weapons are still nasty and cheaper to boot if they end up picking their noses while the horde does the work. Chaos Warriors are tough and good against a magic-heavy army or an army that lives on Mortal Wounds, but their offensive output is middling and I haven't even made the most of their toughness and durability so they get swapped for more 'reavers. 

36 minutes ago, Killax said:

Seems like a lot of great ideas, I really think that The Goretide benifits a lot form 10man Blood Warrior units. Obviously most lists do but they are designed for the grind very well, better as Skullreapers even and that's truely where the slight difference comes to light. When Skullreapers do get in there completely they can do a ton of damage which can accumulate due to them tracking the skullcount. However Goretide in most cases is a responsive list, allows for covering the field quicker and responding to opponents wanting to get in there (your General).

All in all I'd say include that Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut and don't give up on Skullreapers just yet, Bloodstokers really can make a massive difference for them. I'd personally wouldn't want to leave home without Bloodsecrators (2 minimum) and at least one Bloodstoker for The Goretide. Ideally two Bloodstokers are put in there to really mass-control. Slaughterborn can be fantastic, you just need a lot of tools to make the engine continue running :) 

Cheers,

Honestly, i don't give up on skullreapers. It's my favorite unit, and i was just sad they failed against the kharadron. They destroyed everything they touched in the others games, and i even plan on to take a third unit :P i LOVE those guys. My first list plan was actually to take a goretide and a skulltake for 25 of those guys :D

Did i write that bad ?

Chaos Warriors work well enough in Khorne armies if you go all in with them in one direction or another.  If you're going shields, then plan to apply Bronzed Flesh to them as well, and try to run a 20 man block of them at least.  They're not going to kill much but they can certainly cause a road block.  The better option though is to give them 2-handed weapons, which helps give us a very strong melee unit with rend.  Toss the Killing Frenzy Prayer on them and the Lord on Juggernauts command ability on them and this gets them sitting at a 3+/2+/-1 which is not bad at all considering a Bronzed Flesh prayer can still also be tossed at them to get them sitting at 3+ save.   They still may be not the best bang for points, but I feel they are certainly viable at that point.

1 minute ago, Jharen said:

Chaos Warriors work well enough in Khorne armies if you go all in with them in one direction or another.  If you're going shields, then plan to apply Bronzed Flesh to them as well, and try to run a 20 man block of them at least.  They're not going to kill much but they can certainly cause a road block.  The better option though is to give them 2-handed weapons, which helps give us a very strong melee unit with rend.  Toss the Killing Frenzy Prayer on them and the Lord on Juggernauts command ability on them and this gets them sitting at a 3+/2+/-1 which is not bad at all considering a Bronzed Flesh prayer can still also be tossed at them to get them sitting at 3+ save.   They still may be not the best bang for points, but I feel they are certainly viable at that point.

Oh absolutely, don't get me wrong I love my Chaos Warriors and I love what they can bring over Blood Warriors. But in my last few games they've just not even had a chance to flex their potential so I didn't see the point spending the points on them. 

I plan on getting some Halberd and Board Warriors (because I love Halberds) and the Great Weapons Warriors because I think Great Weapons Warriors are one of the best all around Battleline units available to any Chaos force, let alone a Khorne army loaded with buffs. 

Just now, Aspirant Snaeper said:

Oh absolutely, don't get me wrong I love my Chaos Warriors and I love what they can bring over Blood Warriors. But in my last few games they've just not even had a chance to flex their potential so I didn't see the point spending the points on them. 

I plan on getting some Halberd and Board Warriors (because I love Halberds) and the Great Weapons Warriors because I think Great Weapons Warriors are one of the best all around Battleline units available to any Chaos force, let alone a Khorne army loaded with buffs. 

I think it depend of the opponent. Against armies like sylvaneth, who can teleport anywhere and have a good range, some of your units are condemned to stay behind and stay passive, protecting objectives and preventing deep strike which will of course happen to the slowest of your units. It's not a fun job to do for them, but someone have to take it :P and against armies you'll reach or who will search the fight, they'll be really useful

Whoa this thread is EPIC! 

Has their been any discussion about Khorne Mortal Bloodbound lists without a Bloodsecrator? (sorry if so, thread is TLDR it all) 

I know the guy is amazing, but having an "auto-take" unit in matched play always turns me off. Beyond the Bloodsecrator's auto-take status, there is also the issue of keeping the secrator alive long enough to do what's needed. Most new-gen armies have the synergy and ability to shoot or spell him off in the first turn (3 of my last 4 games).  Most lists I'm seeing compensate for the shortcomings of the Bloodsecrator by taking 2, which only exacerbates the auto-take issue in my eyes.

Suggestions?

Archived