2000 pt 1st time tourny list

LJ26

The idea is to have the skellies do the heavy lifting and objective camping 

Zombies screen and merge when on an objective 

Necro and mourngul for rend and high mobility to pick certain targets 

Arkhan for must cast spells and the occasional support in combat with his spirits and abyssal getting a +1 to hit from settra 

I will keep settra away from combat until necessary 

SmartSelectImage_2016-12-28-21-25-05.png

You can cut down the zombies to 2 units because you cant merge them anymore (see the latest GHB FAQ). With the remeining points you could also just swap out the zombies to skeletons. then you have 40 skeles and 2 groups of 10...I think they are supperior to zombies!

3 hours ago, Alexxk said:

You can cut down the zombies to 2 units because you cant merge them anymore (see the latest GHB FAQ). With the remeining points you could also just swap out the zombies to skeletons. then you have 40 skeles and 2 groups of 10...I think they are supperior to zombies!

You can merge, it prohibits you from going above the maximum of 60. 

4 hours ago, Alexxk said:

Yeah you should go re-read the FAQ. It is talking about merging them during set up, and not during the course of the game. It's  a common mistake folks have made.

2 hours ago, mmimzie said:

Yeah you should go re-read the FAQ. It is talking about merging them during set up, and not during the course of the game. It's  a common mistake folks have made.

What's your critique on the list mmimzie? 

Hmmm seems pretty good, but i think i'd drop the zombies. You already have one battle line in the form of the skel warriors.  Just bring another 2 units of skel warriors and give them swords and shields, wont have as many attacks as your big skel block, but will be 3+/3+ to hit

I'd drop the mourngul as well and throw those points into summoning. The mourngul wont be making many if any turn 1 charges against a smart opponent?? specially because you can be out deployed by anything with good battalion access. Plus you have arkan summoned and chief, so you could just summon the mourngul if need be. Or if you need carin wraiths for peaces of power. If you dont need either grave guard would be my fall back as those dudes love settra ALOT. double wounds on a 5+ to wound yummy.  Spirit host would be too bad to summon either.  It also lets you get black knights to make a wall accross the board if need be.

That said that many points into summoning could be dangerous and putting a lot onto arkans shoulders. So, if you do go that way dropping the cursed book for a summoning sword would let you bring the mourgul or other summoned unit to the board should you need it. 

On 29/12/2016 at 0:04 PM, Alexxk said:

You can merge.The only limits is 60. 

Archived