2000 points list help

Mace108

Hi Guys,

I am trying to make a list which is competitive. I currently have built,

Necromancer (120)

Necromancer (120

Vampire Lord (140)

- General Command trait ruler of the night.

Vampire lord on Nightmare (140)

- Tomb Blade.

Hexwraiths x 15 (480)

Mortis Engine x 1 (180)

Skeleton Warriors x 40 (320)

Skeleton warriors x 10 (80)

Skeleton horsemen x 5 (black knights used as tomb kings horsemen) (100)

Terrorgheist (320)

Let me know what I should change or how I could play this army. Thank you!  

Yeah I was thinking matched play. I wanted to make it suitable for any of the 6 matched play battle plans. The necromancer would cast his spell on the skelly horde to give them double pill in and attack and also follow the horde to give them 5+ ward save. The other necromancer is for range arcane bolt to target enemy hero's and a back up in case of the first being targeted and taken down.

The mounted vampire Lord would follow the hexwraiths and use it's command ability to give them an extra attack with both their rend weapons 4+ then 3+ and their horses attacks. Giving each model 6 attacks. This vampire Lord would also give them 5+ ward. The other vampire Lord would give them mystic shield. 

The Mortis engine would be used to buff the mages and for ranged support. It would also add more healing to the vampires and TG. 

The TV would be used to hang back behind the hexwraiths and counter alpha. Can also take buffs if other units not going to be able to use them. 

The skeleton horseman x 5 and warriors x 10 are a tax which can be used to hold base objects with the back up vampire Lord giving them the 5+ ward save and some damaged output. 

Hex wraiths are suprizingly not a game unit, as they dont really put out nuch. They, to me, are better suited to screening for your army and tarpiting with thier good durability. 

Your hard hitting units will be your skeletons buffed by the necro mancer and VL. 

With no summoning i would say you do have 1 too many either VL or necromancer.

Couple points, only your general will give the 5+ save the other hero's will be 6+. Additionally you can use your command ability and cast spells as well, in the scenario above you have a redundant vl for mystic shield. 

I would say cut a necro and add vl on abyssal in place of the foot vl, this gives you some sick reach with your flying units or can get your skellies into the action.

*Edit*

After giving it some more thought if you cut the necro for the vloat you could then upgrade the horses to skeleton chariots for more tankiness.

Alternativly you could replace the ten skels with zombros to free up 60 pt. Which would let you summon more zombies, a cairn wraith or direwolves depending on the scenario. 

If you took it a step further and cut the skeleton horses and the 10 skels and replace both with zombies you could upgrade the tg with an abhorrant ghoul king on either zd or tg. 

Wow that sounds good. I don't like the vloat model but will change the the horse men and skelly to zombies as I do want zombies and they can combined after deployment right? How do you play the hexwraiths, do they rush up and charge the enemy's alpha unit? Also how do I keep the TG alive to do some damage?

On 12/28/2016 at 5:06 PM, Mace108 said:

I do want zombies and they can combined after deployment right? 

Correct, up to a max of 60* per unit.

How do you play the hexwraiths, do they rush up and charge the enemy's alpha unit?

I have not played Hexwraith's yet, my assumption is that they will be match-up dependent. They will preform worse against high volumes of attacks so you really want to be sure that you are picking your combats carefully looking for high rend elite units.  This one unit represents nearly a quarter of your forces many of your battles will hinge on using them effectively.  Maximize their flying and 12" move and you should be in a good spot.  (This is also the main reason I recommended the VLoAT picking your combats will be key!)

I don't like the vloat model 

Yeah its ugly but his spell will provide a huge boost in mobility. I would recommend looking into an alternate model, I think there is a thread around here someplace...

Also how do I keep the TG alive to do some damage?

Everything dies in AOS, just try and make sure that your opponent wastes time and resources doing it. Remember you are relying on the big block of skeletons to mop up if you can get them in position they will do the heavy lifting. 

Archived