Post FAQ competitive Death 2k

WSDdeloach

I recently dropped the VLoA from my list. Maybe yours can use his spell a bit better, but it's difficult to do things that make him really worth taking. For instance instead you could just summon morghast archai or something. 

The 20 ghouls your kind of paying for nothing?? if they get hurt they wont be effective enough to really be used. Lose a couple of guys and they lose a lot of thier effectiveness. battleline you either go big or go tax. 

Get rid of terrorgheist and make all your ghouls 30 man unit its each.
You have enough power and movement with your vampire lord on terror and the harbringers.

I'm afraid of loosing punch. I know you've had great success with large ghoul units... you don't feel like you loose punch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The terrorgheist and VLoA lacks punch. Some of your terror ghiest punch is coming from the scream. Which isn't nothing it does kind of matter agaisnt thing you really want to mortal wound down, but rend -2 is  almost as good and arcai will get you more of that. 

Plus ghoul bring a punch, the only issue you'll ahve with high ghoul counts is the 2+ rerollable saves, and the harbingers will help you deal with that sort of thing quite well. 

Another terrorghiest issue is they are kind of squishy for the points, and in a competive setting any sort of alpha striking forces will take him off the board in a turn maybe two.  Where as 30+ ghouls or some arcai are much tougher to kill (for the points). 

The battleline troops pf undead requires to be min maxed for effectiveness. So for 60 ghouls: 10-10-40 would be more benefical. 

The next difference i would make is to get rid of VLoAT and terrorghesit to bring a GLoZD or GLoTG to get some synergy which is all AoS is about.

ı am not sold on a weak general such as VL which will be targeted by any opponent that knows how to deal with death to stop 5++ ward save.

This is crazy... but it could really work. 

Leaders
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (900)
Abhorrant Ghoul King (100)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

Units
Corpse Cart x 1 (80)
Corpse Cart x 1 (80)
Zombies x 30 (180)
- Battleline
Zombies x 30 (180)
- Battleline
Crypt Ghouls x 40 (400)
- Battleline

Total: 2000/2000

6 minutes ago, WSDdeloach said:

This is crazy... but it could really work. 

Leaders
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (900)
Abhorrant Ghoul King (100)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

Units
Corpse Cart x 1 (80)
Corpse Cart x 1 (80)
Zombies x 30 (180)
- Battleline
Zombies x 30 (180)
- Battleline
Crypt Ghouls x 40 (400)
- Battleline

Total: 2000/2000

How does it work? I think the problem with it is Nagash, but if you explained it a bit more I might understand it better? 

My own personal opinion is that big units look great in theory but when you play them you never get a unit of 30 all into contact. Yes 2's re rolling ones and 3's is good but your opponent only has to take one model from each of those units and the bonuses start tailing off. You can't give the zombies a save so re rolling ones on saves only helps your ghouls.

Youve got the ability to cast nine spells per turn but only access to 5 - and you'll rarely get to use one of those (hand of dust).

I think your zombies will be gone very quickly and the ghouls fairly soon after. There's no rend - except Nagash. So anything with a decent save will be fine.

Its really difficult to get Nagash into a 2000 point list :( 

Archived