Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

10 hours ago, Malakithe said:

My version has Galrauch instead of Kairos 

I tried a Galrauch proxy but his 10 wounds left me very sad when he got sniped and easily killed. He is a glass cannon but one that you cannot hide in anyway.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Malfallax said:

I tried a Galrauch proxy but his 10 wounds left me very sad when he got sniped and easily killed. He is a glass cannon but one that you cannot hide in anyway.

How did he get sniped? That's quite the sniping considering what he is

30 minutes ago, Pete_P said:

Yes, Skyfires do have the Daemon keyword so they slot right into the Host Duplicitous 

Ahh true...never considered that an option. Other then being included in a one drop battalion there isn't much other benefit...other then being Skyfires of course. Guess that means Shaman can too.

7 minutes ago, DrMarmalade said:

Also, Kairos has the keyword "lord of change". Does this mean he can be used in any of the formations as the required "loc"?

I think there was a FAQ saying no to that. But that includes every army/faction

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

true...never considered that an option. Other then being included in a one drop battalion there isn't much other benefit...other then being Skyfires of course. Guess that means Shaman can too.

Yeah, the one drop is great. And also with them being daemons you get to use fold reality on them. 

But so far if I'm running the Host I've stayed pure daemons and saved a big reserve of points for Horror splits and summoning. 

6 hours ago, Malakithe said:
6 hours ago, DrMarmalade said:

Also, Kairos has the keyword "lord of change". Does this mean he can be used in any of the formations as the required "loc"?

I think there was a FAQ saying no to that. But that includes every army/faction

Actually It was the opposite. If the unit has the keyword, then it counts even if it's a named character. 

54 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

So the app update is saying we can't use Fatesworn or Daemon Cohort of Tzeentch with Tzeentch allegiance...

51 minutes ago, Pete_P said:

The battalions don't have the Tzeentch keyword so you'd lose it it seems. 

Oh ******.  Makes sense though...

8 hours ago, Mirage8112 said:

Actually It was the opposite. If the unit has the keyword, then it counts even if it's a named character. 

New FAQ change that.

Q: How do you determine what models and units make up a
warscroll battalion? When is it based on a keyword and when is it a unit name?

A: When a warscroll battalion is referring to a keyword,it appears in Keyword Bold.
Otherwise, it is referring to the name of a unit.

11 hours ago, Eldercaveman said:

So there is no where that says we can't make every model in a unit of horrors a horn blower and an icon bearer? 

Also no where says how many models can be the leader of the unit? 

It will be in the unit's description. Usually; it just says that any models can have instruments and "a model" (singular) can be a champion.

WtF sorry for the above post something bugged :/

But the battalions do not have to be the same keyword... They confer their keyword to the units in it.

Otherwise the Everchosen cannot have the Everchosen allegiance since they must field the warbands with slaves to darkness of their god and then give them the Everchosen via the battalion... That's the only way to play let's say Fatesworn + Varanguard

Battalions do not confer the actual keyword to the units in it. For example Stormcast models in the mixed Sylvaneth battalion do not get the Sylvaneth keyword just the allegiance  

And the image I posted above specifically says that battalion warscrolls themselves have an allegiance and for your army to qualify for Tzeentch allegiance all starting warscrolls must have the Tzeentch allegiance. 

Archived