The 1k army project, are YOU in?

Darth Alec

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics of everybody so far! Great motivation to keep up. I started today with some rebasing, inventory of old stuff and I painted a little bit. 

This is not a grwat picture, but just wanted to share my Repurpised Ar-Ulric. He will be acting as an excelsior war priest. Maybe I take a wolf that counts as the gryph-hound to keep it Ulric style. 

The Nordlanders made it to the new realms!

20170209_192941.png

Good evening ladies and gents,

I have actually managed to paint a unit! have very much enjoyed doing these...think I may treat myself to the Khorgorath next before moving on to 10 of the reavers.

I'd very much like any feedback, there is some amazing talent in this thread and I am not too proud to take advice.

P1015873.JPG.869993311ee5157d510f0b519235954f.JPGP1015875.JPG.d836b97a53394a53536909843242b80d.JPG

I often feel like I am spamming this thread given that I am abusing my free time (read: dissertation work time) rather heavily a the moment, so apologies! However, I finished my Chaos Lord last night, intending to (hopefully) use him for a Paths to Glory campaign!

B4J74LN.jpg

UgO8ICb.jpg

Some mild conversion work, and an attempt to do some shading with multiple applications of thinned down washes, that I think worked ok? Also some gratuitous blood because... c'mon! Blood!

The priest is looking good @Blitzel, it's a cool model. @DynamicCalories I love the lord, looks like something out of a comic to me!

I've finally finished the first 5 of 10 Chaos Warriors, just need to paint the base rims black, hopefully I'll get some pictures up tomorrow. I'm also about halfway through the second (and final) unit of 5 Seekers. Got a week off work so I'm aiming to get as much done as possible while I have more free time.

5 Warriors complete at last. For more detailed models like this I think I'll stick to black undercoat in future, but overall I think they came out ok and I'm just glad to finally have them finished.

I've used red as the spot colour to match the Daemonettes and tried to keep everything else quite pale and muted. I want them to fit in visually with the rest of the army without looking like Slaanesh warriors specifically so I can use them in any Chaos army with any mark.

Warriors01.jpg

Warriors02.jpg

They are, no idea if I placed. Won't get in until Wednesday. Fun to do though. Are you in this month?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

They look ace, thought I recognised then when I went in. Yeah no word from them yet, I imagine we will here today via Facebook. Yeah, barely made it since I've had this damn cold all week, Friday was all day painting and still I had to make one of my objective markers worse than I would like. If you're ever in store they are the brutes, and the objective markers are glyph poles.

@swiftmus I love a bit of Chaos me! I wish I'd gone with neutral Warriors, especially with bloody Tzeentch out and looking fly as all hell.

I got some negative feedback on my Chaos Lord over on Reddit. Wouldn't have minded it it was constructive criticism but the guy was just like "this is inconsistent and all over the place." I guess after 6 weeks riding high on the good part of the community there'd always be a bit of a crash back to reality. Onwards and upwards!

@dynamiccalories sod em! It looked good to me.

One of the big things I'm doing with my hobby comeback is buffering out all the negativity. I'm sticking to 'fan' communities and only following positive folk on Twitter... There is enough wrong in our world without bringing negativity to toy soldiers!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Yeah I am under no allusions it's perfect or anything (the more I look at it the less happy I am with the oxide effect for example) but it's like the Flight Of the Conchords so eloquently said:

"Other rappers dis me
Say my rhymes are sissy
Why? Why? Why?
What?
Why exactly?
What? Why?
Be more constructive with your feedback, please, why?"

b4f399e38b2cd44592ec89ab1031d0f6.jpg

Here are my five man unit of brutes done for a competition at my local GW. I'll snap more photos when I go in, this is from their Facebook. Plenty of decoration to show off! Had to rein it in a bit since I was working to a deadline and illness took away painting time. For example I could still put some gore on their weapon.

Alright! Fellow skybasha clan here ... loving the look of your brutes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks [emoji4] I personally dont particularly like the skybasha background, but the scheme is classic fifth/sixth orcs and goblins, which was when I started the hobby. Though given my last battle I tabled stormcast maybe skybasha is right! The armour is a bit darker than the picture shows.

Archived