Going to a tournament.

kozokus

Hello.

Going to a serie of 1K tournament soon and hesitating between 3 lists.

What would you consider the most appropriate for GHB scenarios?

1)

Castellan 100

Kraggy 20

2X5 Judicators 320

2X2 Concussors 560

2)

LCoD 220

Kraggy 20

2X5 Libérators 200

2X2 Concussors 560

3)

Vexillor 200

2X5 Judicators 320

10 Retributors 440

Griphound 40

Question on the Concussors : Would you field them by 1X4 or 2X2 ?

Thanks a lot for your answers! :) <3

Kozo.

11 minutes ago, kozokus said:

3)

Vexillor 200

2X5 Judicators 320

10 Retributors 440

Griphound 40

Out of the three, this is my favourite, teleporting retributors would be very powerful in a 1000 point game. But the first list with a Lord Celestant on foot instead of Castellant would also be a good choice. Main issue with all three lists though would be if you roll up Three Places of Power, you would need more than one Hero. Anything less and you will easily get overwhelmed and once your Hero is sniped, its game over.

11 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

Anything less and you will easily get overwhelmed and once your Hero is sniped, its game over.

That bothers me a lot, but i can't find a way to fit 2-3 heroes in 1K.

Well, that is why Kraggi is here but it is a weak choice.

2 hours ago, kozokus said:

That bothers me a lot, but i can't find a way to fit 2-3 heroes in 1K.

Well, that is why Kraggi is here but it is a weak choice.

Im guessing Kragg is a Hound?

What models do you have, I could say a list but it would probably include models you don't own.

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 11.37.19.png

Sample List

I do have almost every possible Stormcast aviable.

1 hour ago, HobbyHammer said:

Im guessing Kragg is a Hound?

He is a DWARF!

Basically a 20 points hero with 1 movement and 3 wounds. But he can dispell !

A nice way to complement a hole in your army. And he scores on 3 places of powa.

It's very static and slow, but because of the range and Rend on the bows, you can realiably stand in your own deployment zone and kite around most armies while you wither your opponent's numbers and have a 3+ save on your most exposed units. At 1000 points you won't have to worry too much about Skryre and Beastclaw shooting either, which are two of your worst matchups.

The biggest catch of the list is that you have to start moving and running for objectives in turns 3 and onwards, and Three Places is an almost instant loss unless you play the scenario VERY well. But overall, it's filthy as hell. Will win you games, not friends.

I like your second list the best, although I think they all lack both in numbers and board control. Any of those lists will struggle with winning a few of the scenarios in Pitched Battles, simply because you'll have trouble with objectives. I'd consider dropping Kraggi (although I love you including him, he's a steal against for example Sylvaneth or Death) and using Fulminators instead of Concussors, freeing up 100 points for a unit of Liberators. Those extra bodies will help you a lot. They're a bit less killy, but overall in 1000 points I think they'll be just as good.

Anyway, i can't think of a SE list that is not dead on at least 2 scenarios.

It is hard to fit at least 3 heros, numbers, obility and firepower at the same time.

Someone proposed me to put a thunderhead brotherhood and a bunch of heroes, including Questors or to do something like :

4X5 liberators, 2X5 judicators, celestant, castellan, relictor.

But that seems so...immobile.

How would Allariele do on that level. I found her VERY killy (good rend) and hard to damage in a friendly game. You think she could just finish whole enemy armies in a few turns? 3 places of power would be hard to win ofc...but on the other hand her mobility makes it so she could probablly kill a hero at a place of power each turn.. and the just keep one occupied the last turns. 

You could combine her with 20 + 10 dryads, 20 dryads and 5 revenants (for their character/warmachine hunting or just keep them undeployed and grab an objective when possible). Or 10 + 10 dryads and a Wych with an acorn. Especially the first option gives you some bodies to keep objectives.

Alarielle - quite well, but not as efficient as some things. There's killy and then there's a 280 point Arachnorok with Battlebrew and Bellowing Shout with an extra D6+2 move in the hero phase (also doing full mortal wound damage even when on one wound remaining). Apparently it can cast 2 spells as well. Just watch out for Mournguls....

Basically a lot of (tough) monsters become overpowered at 1,000 points or even more so at 500. Dread Maw, Stompy (my profile picture), Necrosphinx, any Beastclaw Monster....

However, some units can deal with them (Kunning Rukk take a bow....shudder) or just keep outmanoeuvring them.

On 16-12-2016 at 0:28 AM, Nico said:

Alarielle - quite well, but not as efficient as some things. There's killy and then there's a 280 point Arachnorok with Battlebrew and Bellowing Shout with an extra D6+2 move in the hero phase (also doing full mortal wound damage even when on one wound remaining). Apparently it can cast 2 spells as well. Just watch out for Mournguls....

Basically a lot of (tough) monsters become overpowered at 1,000 points or even more so at 500. Dread Maw, Stompy (my profile picture), Necrosphinx, any Beastclaw Monster....

However, some units can deal with them (Kunning Rukk take a bow....shudder) or just keep outmanoeuvring them.

Well you can't outmanoeuvred alarielle. Have the devs ever suggested the brew should be one use?

I wouldn't be so sure about her being manoeuvring queen. She cannot plonk her vast base on a tree stump (that's the consensus at matched play events - I know it's not how the fluff would work) and has to find a helipad to land on. Not quite as hopeless as Gordrakk and Archaon.

I only have a dozen experience in matched play 1K games and in som of theses, a Neferata got in trouble just by beeing too big to fit in holes between models. 

Big monsters are scary at 1K, sure, but in the end you have to fulfill the winconditions and they rarely do by themselves.

Archived