Paint Pot App review

Ben

I recently decided to sort out all my paints.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Ruined!

This started well until I was pointed in the direction of this awesome app on iOS, after that (like any good geek will know) I was unable to resist cataloging my paint pot collection. 

The Paint Pot App

the paint pot app is an awesome tool for keeping track of your paints collection  

The features that I have found useful after only a couple of hours use are:

• barcode scanner to quickly identify your paints
  • built-in list of top paint manufactures full range 
  • lists function including sub lists to save your paint recipes for your models and break it down to parts of models. 

Here are some screenshots from the app. 

image.png image.pngimage.png image.pngimage.png image.pngimage.png

View full article

• Like 5

How have I not known about this excellent idea? 

I'm often standing at a hobby shop wondering if I have stegadon scale green at home, buy a pot and then realise I actually have 3 pots already. Plus, as master of the unfinished project, I do struggle to remember paint recipes when I come back to them. 

On 12/05/2016 at 11:36 PM, hobgoblinclub said:

This a fantastic alternative on Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.courageousoctopus.paintrack&hl=en_GB

It's easy to catalogue and you can save your recipes in different collections, so no need for a notepad.

Downloading this tonight! I was using a homemade spreadsheet on my phone with pics of all the paints (....yes it took a while to get in order)

I'm finding it useful for keeping track of colour scheme 'recipes'. Useful after breaks painting you forget what colours you use. My Empire army is a testament to that - half the army' bases are much lighter as I was using a different technique.

As I come to replace paint pots though, the inventory will become useful!

• 1 year later...

Hi there! I've been using it for some time now and I really like it too!

It's perfect for avoiding bying the same pot of paint several times ?

I also use the list feature. It would be useful to be able to write a few notes in a list. 

Great app ??

• Like 1

Cheers, if you have any feedback please let us know: info@paintpotapp.com

The server certificate isn't listed as trusted when heading over to the "Developer Website" It's listed as an expiring shortly, untrusted cert.

The app is also requiring creation of an account, and doesn't appear to work without a login. (And doesn't work offline...)

:(

11 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

The server certificate isn't listed as trusted when heading over to the "Developer Website" It's listed as an expiring shortly, untrusted cert.

The app is also requiring creation of an account, and doesn't appear to work without a login. (And doesn't work offline...)

:(

Thanks for your feedback and the heads up about our certificate. We've recently been doing some behind the scenes work for an upcoming update and have now fixed the certificate issue.

As for creating an account, we decided to do it this way so the user's paints and lists are synced to the server. If you lose your device, you can simply login to a new one and everything will be synced back over. It also allows us to add new paint ranges without an app update.