General AOS lore thread.

shinros

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

@Ashendant, I'm trying to make a three-sided chart (like the one Cryptus Campaign has but I just cannot get to see it, do you know why?

The template didn't exist in the Fantasy lexi, so I transferred it over from the 40klexi the parts necessary to work. Note that the colors are ugly and to be fixed at a later date. 

2 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

There are some nice snippets of Nurgle post War of Life if you want :) 

Some screenshots with pagenumbers would be nice. :D 

49 minutes ago, xking said:

Who is Necoho?

Necoho the Doubter is a chaos god introduced in the old whrpg, one of the two that were supposed to replace Malal. He is essentially the chaos of atheism/anti-theism, and doesn't give any favours to his followers, only helping them and other cults/religions when it discredits another cult/religion among it's worshippers. He is depicted as a plump old man with a mocking smile. The Light of Doubt or Revelations of Necoho is a book written by an obscure sect of anti-theists that's sold in the auction of blood.

Here is the link to the lexi, but there isn't that much of him.

20 hours ago, Ashendant said:

The template didn't exist in the Fantasy lexi, so I transferred it over from the 40klexi the parts necessary to work. Note that the colors are ugly and to be fixed at a later date. 

Some screenshots with pagenumbers would be nice. :D 

Unfortunately gave the book back to my friend (he bought the box, and paid more for the book - I only scanned what I wanted). I do have the piece on Slimux himself though.

6 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Unfortunately gave the book back to my friend (he bought the box, and paid more for the book - I only scanned what I wanted). I do have the piece on Slimux himself though.

Anything would be great. I was more interested in the info about Nurgle himself, to fix his page, but Horticulous  seems like an interesting character too!

• 3 weeks later...

Found a great channel that gives a good overview of the age of sigmar setting from end times and and setting the premise of it. It's great for newbies in my opinion. There is only a tiny mistake on the slaanesh bit save that the videos are really well done and informative. 

10 hours ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

I wonder about the new city art in Firestorm then. There is a lot of new art for the many cities in AOS.

Dont forget about Shadespire too! Lot of new lore is comming up filling in another small place.

Thing remains though that the Age of Sigmar universe really is a lot bigger as the Old World ever was so I think a lot of room will continue to be left open. Rightfully so I'd say as it really allows the designers to continue to explore the spaces instead of filling in a world.

Cheers,

18 hours ago, Killax said:

Dont forget about Shadespire too! Lot of new lore is comming up filling in another small place.

Thing remains though that the Age of Sigmar universe really is a lot bigger as the Old World ever was so I think a lot of room will continue to be left open. Rightfully so I'd say as it really allows the designers to continue to explore the spaces instead of filling in a world.

Cheers,

I forgot about the lore for Shadespire.

• 2 weeks later...

Right just saw a thread on the AOS reddit that someone was disappointed Seraphon were just conjured memories. Now we know that they live in cities now according to this image.

AoSFreerCities_Details2hcs.jpg

Yet the person responding to this query posted another image. Ask Grombrindal 

20108367_1822205954692677_31396769863479

Sooo yeah. After some time Seraphon can sustain themselves and exist without a slaan(Makes sense why some old bloods lead constellations) and when they die it's just a mere memory blank before coming back. So Seraphon players? Go nuts with your background and the fact they can live in cities and understand currency. 

5 hours ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

I always wondered about that part of the Seraphon backstory.

Well you can play them in warhammer quest which did first make me wonder about them since it's strange there was not a slaan to sustain them. They can understand currency now(they can't in whfb. A skink wonders what people do with gold), they can join pit fights or even drink at the pub since those are activities you can do in hammerhal. Also I recall from the clan pestelins novel they remember each death it's just like a memory blank when they die. 

Also the fact that some constellations are not lead by slaan but old bloods. So with time they well become people in a sense and I like the fact GW are moving them in a direction where they can now interact with races and get them involved in the setting more. As I said with this new information the seraphon battletome becomes far more interesting (it is going to be my next project). 

Archived